Need grandaddy purple journal

Tried searching here for a grow journal specifically for grand daddy purple. Really could use a seed to harvest helper. I know its indica heavy, slow growing and a shorter plant. I have fem seeds from ilgm. Growing in soil indoors. Any other strain I might find a journal on that’s very close? Mucho thanks.

What do want to know? Don’t have a journal but have grown it and could maybe help you out.

1 Like

@Rocketman I also have a gdp question lol, are they good to use as mother’s for clones? I’ve been contemplating running that the grow after next.

@kdawg lots of pros here, someone probably has a journal on it somewhere lol.

1 Like

I’m sorry, don’t do much cloning. I Probably should do more but I don’t. I did do 4 clones from one of my granddaddy purple plants for a friend. They turned out really nice.

1 Like

I can tell you the only way I have been able to get the purple color and the grape aroma in my colas is to drop your temps during flower. I had my best luck at 66 to 70 degree F during lights out period in last four weeks of flower.

1 Like

You also really need to drop your RH to at least 55%.

1 Like

Thanks Rocketman
Wont be starting for a month or two. Preplanning. Will likely have lots of questions so might start a journal. Any inherent issues to watch for with GDP? I’m using a 4x4x80 tent indoors. Sub par blurple light so far will fix that when i can afford to. Growing in soil. Wondering about soil type for seedlings. Will be using 5 to 7 gal cloth bags. For now will be using ff trio nutes with ff original soil and would like to put sprouted seeds directly in grow bags but not necessary if detrimental. More to come lol.

Also plan on training asap for a full field of green and likely scrogging. Looking for best methods of training for this specific strain.

Will keep this in mind. Using a window ac so can do this.

Will a small dehumidifier in the tent be sufficient to drop humidity from say 65%? It varies daily but we’re having a temp high humid spell right now. I know I’ll need humidity lower for safe bud growth.

1 Like

I use 7 gallon pots with fox farms ocean forest. I burrow out a 4 by 6 inch hole in middle of potting soil and put a cup or two of light warrior seed starting mix in the burrowed out hole. I then soak the soil with water and 12 to 24 hours later transplant the germinated seed. I also use ILGM femmed seeds.
This illiminates having to transplant later and you therefor don’t disturb the roots. The seeds also get a week or two in soil that is not so hot, nutrient wise.

1 Like

Much appreciated! Thank you!

Grown GDP several times definitely a favorite! It’s a fantastic beginner plant for sure!!

1 Like

Tie down training you can do from the start. Just weave around the side allow the middle to grow then tie those down. Especially as a first time grower I recommend LST tie downs cause it allows you to examine the plant for anything else. SCROG is awesome if you have a bunch of plants but they literally do the same thing

:call_me_hand:t4:

1 Like

I’ve seen two different ways to tie down early. One is when the main stem is tall enough they pinched and rolled near the base and played it down over the edge of the pot and went from there. The second way the topped once and as they could they laid the two bottom stems down and soon as the second set were long enough they laid them down in opposite directions then continued from there. I have plenty on seeds so figure I’ll seed extra and pick the best ones and have backups in case. Thinking 4 plants in a 4x4 tent is more than enough to scrog. Want to start training asap and scrog asap so can flip asap

This is Jackie my JH auto one plant (10gal pot) in a 4x4x4 set up. I adjusted and add new tie downs every 5 days

1 Like

Sweet! I’m going to run out of my daily post allowance any time now lol. Looking at that I have definitely realized I may only need 2 to 3 plants max for a sea of green. As far as having extra left over plants that’s what friends are for. :wink::smiley::+1:

i have to watch your journal. i am growing GDP for the first time

1 Like