Need Expert Advice on proper HLG Light

@dbrn32 …help me Obi Watt Kenobi…your the only hope for the resistance.

Looking at HLG 260w QB V2 led kit for $330.
260w-qb-v2-led-kit

Is this the better for the 260w series for a 4x4 tent?

edit: removed unauthorized link

2 Likes

Think dbrn is on vacation so he may not see this for a bit. For a 4x4 you’ll want 2- 260w kits. I’d also go for the 260xl. The only difference between the 260 and 260xl is a longer heat sink. It allows you to spread the boards apart for a more even footprint.

8 Likes

Thank You…

2 Likes

If u wanna max it get 2x 320. Kits and ull have rocks for buds

1 Like

are they more than $330?

2 Likes

I use the xl much better coverage for 4 by 4 space. The extra cost being for longer heatsink. @BobbyDigital has you covered

1 Like

Yes i believe so 260cls are loke 369 and i believe 330s are 4 something. U wont be sad at all in the end. U will be with other lights beside the nane brand ones. Buds wo t be what u want with off brand loghts. Dont skimp on lights and genetics and u will rock

2 Likes

mark0427…good advice. buy quality, cry once. have good HID lights, but heat is a constant issue. Plus…leds seem to provide more of needed wave lengths

2 Likes

320’s are $485

1 Like

“Dude” at checkout saves 10% on your HLG order.

1 Like

Get the 3 288 pcb board and xlg heatsink combo then get a 320 driver off eBay for a discounted price.

You be able to buy a 320 rspec for the price of a 260 double

1 Like

Pharmerbob is best bang for buck… if you can turn a screw driver and strip wire I can help you put one together :sunglasses::v:

1 Like

Either way hlg makes you diy :wink:

The warranty is nice for a lil extra money tho ijs

1 Like

Don’t see any warranty info for either truthfully.

But for $200 less then the other… you can get a driver and hangers and run the same light for $150 less

Assembled and tested… it’s like 70 80 bucks in fine print before you select… it’s not a kit prebuilt at tested to get warranty

They have prebuilt 320?

I dunno … when I bought my 600s I played extra 320$ for all 4 be pre built with 2 year warranty… it was like 77$ less apiece without

1 Like

Yea those crazy things come tested, our smaller ones are diy or 3rd party built and they jack up the price exponentially!

The cheapest route for the smaller lights 320 or less is piece it out and keep with hlg pcb boards and heatsinks

You can get same drivers , wagos , wire and hangers for a lot cheaper than grabbing a kit

1 Like

Oh yea… I’ll never buy another prebuilt after I built my customs 408s

I love these things 408 watts of 4000k double row f series gen 3 on a hlg 480 2100… only running 408 watts it runs super cool…never need to turn it up anyway…

3 Likes