Need experience growers advice

Hi guys… want just to know is this plant looks overwatered or some deficiency? And if there is something wrong how i can fix it if its possible… thanks…

1 Like

Looks good to me, can you show a picture under normal lighting?

1 Like

8 Likes

Your plant looks perfect. What is your concern?

2 Likes

After transplant had to water… it was watered day before… and to me looks that the plant weebit bleached on some leaves and new grow u can see yellow tops on them… just thinking is this was too much water or maybe mg or nutrient deficiency… this is my first grow… trying to learn things to do right

Oh, I see. I had to blow up the picture to see what you’re talking about. It’s possible she had a little too much water, but the soil looks like it’s drying out nicely, so I wouldn’t worry. Are you feeding her any nutes, and what kind of soil is she in?

1 Like

She is in biobizz light mix soil… feeded just one time before transplant with 25% recomended dose with biobizz grow… adjusted to 6.75 pH… i read a lot about this ovewatering plants just thinking am i doing the same now…

You’re not overwatering, your problem is your Ph. At 6-6.1 it’s too low. Try to get it up to at least 6.3, or anywhere between 6.3 - 6.8. That’s what’s causing the yellowing.

1 Like

Can i just fill my tapwater with pH 8 to rise runoff… or what the best way to do it?

8 is a little high. You only need to raise it a bit. The next time she needs water try Ph-ing the water to 6.6 and give her that. That should bring her up to 6.3 and that is just fine. Is your tap 8? That’s really high, so just lower it to 6.6.

1 Like

Looks like a pH issue. A see a few numbers being discussed, but I can’t find where it says the pH is 6.1. If that’s the pH of your runoff, then @raustin has you covered.

2 Likes

You’re right, I must’ve been stoned! OMG, I’m so sorry. Your Ph is 6.7 and that’s just fine. I must’ve read it wrong, please forgive me. There’s nothing wrong with your Ph, @Rybuox, it’s exactly where it should be, so just leave it alone. If the yellow is from overwatering then just let it dry out, she’ll be fine, and don’t water again until she’s almost completely dry. That should take care of it. Again, my apologies, and thanks @blackthumbbetty for pointing this out - I’m an idiot.

3 Likes

I would try to get my pH closer to 6.5-6.6, if possible. A little bit of wandering up & down is ok, though.

3 Likes

Sorry guys had to wait 18 hours that i can write again… new members have limit on replies… back to my plant again…
Plant is weebit more than 2 weeks old…done maybe 2-3 waterings with 6.8pH in these 2 weeks but runoff i’m still getting 6.1… and i thought if i just few times fill the pot with high ph water do i get higher ph in soil or still it will be adjusted to 6.1? If i can to rise ph this way i can do last filling with adjusted ph for example 6,5-6.8. Im still afraid to water whole pot with water, watering plant in circle and leaving about 2-3 inches from pot walls dry… sorry for my broken english just trying my best…

Your Ph is fine, @Rybuox, just keep watering with 6.5 water. Did you read my earlier post? I made a mistake reading your Ph. Try to keep your Ph at 6.5 and all will be well. Your plant is too small to water till runoff, when she gets bigger you can fix the ph if needed, but for now just let her be.

Yes i read your previous posts but cant to reply… ok i’ll do what u saying and i’ll keep u update if it gets better or worst… thanks for advice @raustin
Just maybe one more question… just want to make sure that i understand all this very clear… if i watering with ph6.5 it means plant taking all nutrients at this ph and doesnt matter what runoff i have… or plant taking nutrients with runoffs ph?

1 Like

Yes, since you can’t take runoff yet, just keep watering with 6.5 ph until you can get runoff. The plant will take in all nutrients at 6.5.

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Here is new photo update… the plant looks not well… the new leaves tips always yellow and after while from the bottom they start to dry and die… watering with 6.5-6.6 pH… but i think that soils ph is way too low… is this just pH problem or is it something else too? Interesting to hear some opinions

1 Like

This could be left over effects from over watering or possibly a bit of nute burn.

Soil moisture looks to be OK now, just be careful not to overwater. Seedlings can be over fed as well, I don’t start using nutes until over a month after they sprout.