Need Clarity PLEASE

After referencing a couple books I have I see they are some healthy males. Damn it! Oh well, looks like its time for a new run with beans I know are feminized. I may give some autos a go this time? Learned a lot from this post and the grow itself. THANK YOU ALL for your input and guidance. On to the next!

1 Like

CMich,

Here are some pics I took today. After Looking very closely at all the individual colas on all 4 plant I have deduced. We have 2 males for sure shown as PLANT 1 and PLANT 2 Pictures below.

PLANT 1

PLANT 2

As for the remaining 2 plants. I am confident PLANT 3 is a healthy female and PLANT 4 is questionable to be both male and female.

PLANT3

PLANT 4

Anyone got further input or confirmation for me before I scrap the whole grow? :nerd_face:

1 Like

If in fact I have one female and one hermaphrodite, do they need to be seperated? Will the female stay a female?

1&2 are male

3 is female.

4 I would wait and watch a little longer.

2 Likes

Thank you CMich!

#4 is male. I would remove and destroy immediately.

3 Likes

Will do. Thanks @Myfriendis410

Sorry, I have been offline for most part of the weekend. I am so sorry your plants mutinied on you. What a steep learning curve you have had but keep at it! It is worth it. I take every single step back as a valuable learning experiment.

2 Likes

A whole lot of males you got there, I saw one female, the one with pairs of white pistils.

2 Likes

@KikiGee very much a rewarding learning experience and a bizarre one at the same time. At least I got one lady I get to nurture for the remaining length of the grow. Also, some pretty cool houseplants at the same time :crazy_face:.

2 Likes

There ya go! Cannabis Cheri says to put fan leaves in salads or juices them. Think of them as power greens! (For the record I can’t stomach broccoli, so can’t think I would be able to eat this, as good as the leaves smell :rofl:)

1 Like

We often pluck a few extra fans during veg and put em on our salad. Bong Appetit showed how to pan-fry them too.

3 Likes

Thank you @Myfriendis410 and @KikiGee. We love cooking with cannabis. Also, Bong Appetit is such a great show. Can’t wait till we have the opportunity to consume a meal prepared by a bonafide cannabis chef one day. :grin:

2 Likes

And then there was one… Claudia!

It’s now been 18 days since I flipped our plants to 12/12 and I am seeing very little in the way of flower production with our lonely girl at the moment. The males that were pulled out and are just chillin around the house are flowering like crazy! So cool to see but at the same time very confusing to me??? Why the tent and lights if my home has what it needs to produce? I took some pics of Claudia this morning and she is all spread out and looking healthy just not seeing much going on with her colas. Is this normal @Hellraiser? The tent is well vented and temp/humidity are holding nicely between 70-80 degrees fahrenheit with 40-50 percent humidity both at the top and bottom.

Again I am very much learning here so I am sorry if I am being impatient and asking a lot of questions. I am an engineer by trade and am always over-analysing everything. Here are photos I shot this morning showing all 4 of the colas that are running.

Also, thoughts on removing these lower nodes that aren’t really doing much. Will she get over stressed if I prune them at this point?

1 Like

Hey man so I’m starting my first grow can i ask some questions

Sure. I must warn you that I am struggling through my first grow atm. If I can’t answer confidently, there are people on this post that probably can.

Why don’t you start a thread with your question. That way it will get more attention. If you need help just let me know. Use the @ sign and add my handle after.

2 Likes

@Myfriendis410 Maybe you can answer my questions above?

Is this the question relating to why the male plants are growing bigger and flowering before the females?

If so, it’s because that’s the way it works. The male plants grow taller and faster to make sure they have plenty of height and pollen to do their thing. They are about two weeks ahead in flowering.

Also I’d like to ask, where you as aggressive lollipoping the males as you were defoliating Claudia?

I only messed with the bottom third of the plants right before 12/12 and after they were flushed. Yes, they all were defoliated similarly though. Claudia seemed to take differently to it as she is about double the size of the males now. Or its cause she’s been in the tent the last week? All three of the males are a lot bushier though. :thinking:

Interesting about the males flower production. Cannabis plants are fascinating.

1 Like