Need best strain for high humidity

Ok…so A little background. I live in the tropics near south East Asia…where humidity is super high. I got my grow room built (in another thread) in what is essentially a concrete shed, I do have an AC installed that is rated at 3 times the grow space, and my fresh air intake is essentially from the outdoors. I do not have an option for a “lung room”, but I do have the ability to install a dehumidifier (if absolutely necessary). Having that said…running my window unit on the “dry” setting, I can get the room down to close to 50% when the outside air is at 85 or higher. As soon as I start up my exhaust fan (roughly running about 650cfm) the humidity goes up to almost 75-80%…

SO… I need assistance in picking the right strain to deal with this climate. Instincts tell me Maui wowie, but I’m affraid the sativa heavy strains might outgrow my height (84” floor to ceiling, guesstimate of 55-60” after lights installed from light to top of soil)

I have googled searched and so many sights say such different things, I’m looking for others with first hand experience on like climates with success. Thanks!!

1 Like

I live in humid climate and had good luck with Durban poison and gsc extreme

1 Like

Anything that has mold resistance. Sativa dominant usually does have good resistance, as the flowers are more airy.

2 Likes

You should grow strains that do well in your area. And sativa ( photos ) can be tripped early as soon a sex is showing, usually around week 6. You can top the sativa a couple nodes down and bend the side branches down, flip the light to 12/12 a 2 weeks after topping. Should give plenty of space for stretch.
Dont be afraid of sativas, tgey just cant be allowed to veg very long. Wait until the first female part is visible and top it right then. Do any lst on laterals at the same time. Wait 2 weeks for the plant to rejuvenate and flip!If you let em veg this is what happens

2 Likes

Not my area of expertise but a Vancouver strain (a different type of rain forest thst grows huge cedar trees) has a strain I grew in my rainy climate call Island Sweet skunk.
While others got bud rot Island sweet skunk didn’t so I’m so far impressed and going to run it next year outdoors against tripple XL (lineage genetics)

Durban Thai, Durban posien and mowie wowie sounds like a good strains but yeah look for things that grew in high humidity or tropical Areas.