Need advise for eliminating Bud rot

I’m on my second crop of candy kush and again I’m having bud rot problems. I switched to felt pot, scrubbed the room with bleach and now again I’m seeing bud rot and I’m only in the 3rd week. It’s the same as last time but no powery mildew. Vent and circulation fans never go off. I’m out of patients I’m tired of wasting money. Really need help. Thank you

Hi - can you post some pictures of the room and the parts of plants with the issue?

If you want to, fill out this support ticket. It helps the folks here evaluate what may be going on with your plant:

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA:

Age from sprout:
Age from flower:

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

How often do I water and how do I determine when to water:

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS.

Indoor or Outdoor:

Room size:

Light system, size, height from plants:

Temps; Day, Night:

Humidity; Day, Night:

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:

Co2; Yes, No:

Any other info you think is pertinent:

1 Like

Here’s a question of the day, if I took a clone from a plant that became sickly, with the Clone carry the same genetics as the mother and becomes sickly also. It’s funny that the parent plant and the Clone both have what appears to be Bud rot and not wanting to take a chance and ruining my entire crop eliminated said plant. I replaced it with another plant of a different breed to see if its name be the candy kush that’s a problem.

1 Like

I’m not sure what you are showing is actually bud rot. Normally we associate that with stacked colas in late flower where it’s really impossible to get air into the depths of the flower. Your plant is early in flower and should be quite resistant to mildew, particularly at the current RH and state of the plant. White Powdery Mildew (wpm) is endemic and can lead to bud rot. So here’s a couple of things to try:

Spray down the entire plant with a 50/50 mix of 3% hydrogen peroxide and distilled or R/O water. Really wet down the plant and the top of the soil along with the sides of the pot. As an aside; straight peroxide 3% is your friend for all things disinfecting. It’s classed to be used in organic growing as well.

Get a dehumidifier. There is nothing else that will do the job like lowering the RH. You should be around 50% nominally with those temperatures at that point in the life. Late flower; 25% is my target.

Let me flag a couple of folks: @Niala is this bud rot? @raustin? @garrigan62?

3 Likes

I don’t think that’s bud rot. I also don’t think your humidity is high enough to support bud rot. Try to look inside the bud, and see if it feels crispy, or mushy.

1 Like

Sorry I thought I filled this out and posted it so here it is again

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA: Candy Crush indica, clone from clones

Age from sprout: 7 weeks
Age from flower: 3 weeks

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?
Happy Frog soil
How often do I water and how do I determine when to water:
Every 3 to 4 days depending on how dry the top two inches of the soil is is.
PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?
6.6 for the runoff 6.4 is what I water with
What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS.
Fox Farms super bloom, P&K, 500 PPM
Indoor or Outdoor:

Room size: room size 7 x 7 growing area 3 by 3

Light system, size, height from plants:
600 watt LED at 18 in
Temps; Day, Night:
Day temp 75 to 78 night 65 to 70
Humidity; Day, Night:
Daytime humidity 45 night time 55
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size:
Ventilation system hook to a 4in fan vented outside and circulation fans both run 24/7
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier:
No AC and no humidifier but I do have a dehumidifier and it runs 24 7 as long as the RH is over 50
Co2; Yes, No: no CO2 on this grow

These are clones from a previous grow that had to be eliminated because of me shutting down all fans at night and getting infected with powdery white mildew and black mold under the floor. Wash entire room with bleach eliminated all flooring and now everything is as clean as can be. My big question is the plants that took the clones from became sickly so I wonder if these have the same gene.

Pics might help.
At 50% rh and under, this early in flower, it’s hard to believe you’d have bud rot (boytritis).
That being said. The boytritis invades the plant through wounds and will lay dormant until the conditions are right. Then it’s all downhill. So, if you took a clone of an infected plant, yes it can carry over. There’s no cure once it’s set it. The best thing is to prevent it from ever happening in the first place. Once these plants are done I’d advice a thourough bleaching of everything, including the containers. Then start from scratch.
I once had an issue with scale bugs. I took clones from an infected plant (unknown at the time), put them in a tent with other plants, and managed to infect everything.

Ok that I understand. Thank you very much