Need advice with training please

Hey guys I think I’ve got to the point where I should start training my Gorilla Glue Auto. She is currently on week 3. Where should I start? What technique do you recommend? which branches should I start with? She is a lil bushy and want to get the most possible yield. LST with ScrOG recommended by breeder. Any advice or tips are much appreciated!

4 Likes

@Not2SureYet got any training tips? For autos.

1 Like

She looks super good for 3 weeks old. Well done. For my self though. I wouldn’t be messing with her right now. I my self would wait till she stretched a little and her side branches were longer. That will happen soon. Then you will be able to spread her out. I am rusty here too. I have been in scrogs for a while now. @MattyBear, @Nicky, @Cap_Ron, @Hellraiser, @Capt.Cola, @Big123, @Missiles may have ideas too.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tag @Not2SureYet

Not sure what node your on, 5 or 6?
I prefer to FIM my autos.
It’s less stress than topping and it is more than LST but increases growth hormones so I’ve heard.
A FIM will get you 4 tops.

Your plants growing well for its age so definitely give it some training.

1 Like

Hi! Did a little bit of training by just spreading the it out to get some light to the lower part. And when it gets a little taller I will bend it to one side. And hopefully she will like it :crossed_fingers:t4:. Thanks for the tips! Any information is good for a noob like me

1 Like

Plant looks great! Thanks @Not2SureYet for the tag. I’m not sure if I’m experienced enough to give advice but I would say listen to the people here! They are rockstars and all have valuable knowledge to share. For me I just did my first fim(actually twice lol) because I want four mains. I’ll tag you in my journal.

2 Likes

I want to try it on one of mine , what do I have to do

2 Likes

This is my grow from a couple years ago-

I fimmed mine at the 4th node and started bending them over 2 weeks later. I will have to find my journal in this forum so you can see how they progressed.

9 Likes

@NavyVet420, those came out great. I never have enough room to spread mine like that any more.

3 Likes

Well you would if you didn’t have like 40 plants growing haha. I’m telling ya: 3 is a great number lol.

3 Likes

You cut at the 4th node, watch some YouTube videos you will get a better idea but here is my fave.

FIM’ing is the best training for autos I find, lst is good to but requires more work/time, while other high stress methods are not advised nor a scrog

6 Likes

The more work, the better the harvest. Tying my girls down really didn’t add THAT much more to my daily routine.

1 Like

Fimming and topping are definitely in my future grows. For now just a simple LST

3 Likes

I like to leave an inch or so of stump when I top to give the plant the opportunity to build a stronger knuckle earlier.

2 Likes

While true, I can go a week at a time without touching my tent and normally have to have my wifey touch them because I work a three weeks on one week off remote job.

Covid has changed that but still enjoy not going into the tent other than that very second day to fill humidifiers.

FIM’ing is great, it’s enough stress to encourage growth hormones but not enough to be as high stress as topping. Gives great results although lst combined with a FIM and defoilation is ide.

2 Likes

@Nicky what do you think , can i still fim

@Tinman, I topped and fimed my autos lots. They are my first grow and am looking good to me. I hope to get any deceit amount for now until I get more experience. I am just starting to grow female plants for more time to play with them. I bent mine down hard, have one running on the ground, and everywhere they are close enough I cover the stalk with dirt. I don’t really know what I am doing , but love to experiment with them,lol.

1 Like

@Tinman, Cannot seem to post a pic right now, but will when I can.

1 Like

On my 4th now and 3 weeks into the 5th, i always lst mine , but wanted to try something different, always looking for more yield from theae autos, going to start photos next , will be a first

1 Like

How old is that plant?
Normally I would FIM at the 4th node but @Not2SureYet also has lots of experience and he has Fim’d Durring the pre flower stretch with good results.

So while I haven’t done it my self this late let’s see if @Not2SureYet would advise its still able to be done I will think he say go ahead and FIM

1 Like