Need advice/info on lst

I found lst clips to work wonders for alot of lst. But i use a coater wire so i bend loose hooka around stalk to not damage it but can poke a small hole in the fab pot to connect i also use the black metal clips on the pots to tie off to. @kaptain3d @Arrow do some crazy training u should look at their journals lol. Arrow does stupid crazy stuff to his plants but man they look badazz

3 Likes

We use string and drape it over the branch we want to get tied down. Tie the ends to the pot somehow. We place wire in the pots befor we put the soil in. This give us a great ancher point for the string. Please tag me as I woild like to easly find this thread.

1 Like

WalMart sells fuzzy sticks in their arts and crafts section. They cost less than a buck for 25 of them.

2 Likes

Get these they have several different colors

1 Like

I prefer to FIM or top with no LST . I have tried everything over the years .just what yields best for me. FIM end week3 now start week 6.

Get around 3 to 4 oz a plant… And lite lollipop!!PERFECT EVEN CANOPY!!!

2 Likes

I like to top once. After that i only LST. It works great for me. I also like string because each tie down point is a different leangth.
I will tie each plant down. Wait about a week or so and than hit it again. Removing all the string from before.
I love how we all have our own styles :wink:
Happy growing…

7 Likes

Thanks man that’s a really good idea I want to definitely get it right cause I know it increases the yield , I didn’t with my last grow and it shows

1 Like

Wow very nice good looking plants there ! So you basically just keep tying the branches down ? Also at what age do you do this ? Honestly I don’t even know where to tie them down at or how

1 Like

Pretty much yes. With this method its quite hard to realy mess up. I like to wait tell thay are about 1ft tall.
Some plants tend to bend easier than others. If you feel like you may break something than sTop. I always breack a few each season. Guess its part of the grow :wink:

1 Like

HippieRunner, oh man that’s sweet, had to do a double take, very similar to my outdoor grow but we @21 in 50 gal pots. What strains? Awesome grow! :metal::star_struck:. We have hog wire, keep the deer out! Bastards ate about 2 lbs of Sour Diesel last year, got stuck needles to say deer meat anyone. Lol

4 Likes

haha must of been one happy deer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

IMO if you start early with LST, it makes it easier to train the plant, limbs are softer and bend easier. I do like others except I use a roll green garden twist ties from HD.
During the veg, I spread the plant out as much as possible. Once she hits the stretch, I’ll do whatever it takes to make all the bud sites grow up evenly. They usually end up like this.

I use tie downs, pinch method, crop, topping multiple times, whatever it takes to get them to grow up together. Good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

7 Likes

@HappyHydroGrower killer grow !!!love the net set up!! Working on similar one for next grow. What strain is she??

2 Likes

Thanks brother! That was Sour Diesel. :v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

@HappyHydroGrower that’s one I haven’t tried yet… But looking at HER I WILL!! Just finishing sweet mix. Ordered G13, super lemon haze, and GDP. But SOUR D. Will be on list!:+1::yum::seedling:

2 Likes

@HappyHydroGrower hey could you post pics of your net set up.? Hard to see would help in my build!!:+1::grin: thanks and God Bless!!!

1 Like

I’m in hydro with a flower foot print of about 3x5 for two plants. Only had one last grow.

@Smalls Here is my last grow, you can see my setup there.

This is my current grow and details.

1 Like

Thanks bro learned a ton from both!!!:+1::seedling:! I’m doing similar set up for a 2 1/2 × 6 putting totes in lIne .with res. On outside of closet .thanks again and RAGE ON :+1::seedling::ghost:!!!

1 Like

Thanks a million brother. If you do a journal, give me a tag will ya? Would love to see what you got going on. Good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

1 Like

I like the stakes. I may use them and just stick in soil bare minimum to hold ? So not to get into roots. Im bout to make moves on my one auto, so check out any posts at my journal this weekend.PR first real grow and 2x4 grand opening

2 Likes