Need advice from you wonderful people please

I am a new grower and in this case my very first time ever trying hydroponics. I’m just confused because my plants today are exactly 60 days from very early seedling and I just happened to get out my 60x magnifier to take a look. To my surprise I noticed I already have a lot of cloudy trichomes and even some amber ones. Isn’t it way to early for that to be happening? I thought you were supposed to harvest at about 15-20% amber which at this rate will be any day now and also which surely can’t be right. Also these were all 3 germinated the same day, same strain, same everything since day 1 but the one on the left got much bigger and much quicker than the other 2. It had already had flowers well before the other 2 started flowering. Anyway…thanks in advance for any helpful info you guys can throw my way. Specs below

3X3 grow tent indoors. Mars Hydro 150watt LED Light. Proper ventilation w/ carbon filter.
Hydroponics RDWC Four 5 Gallon Bucket Recirculating System 1 being the reservoir
Feeding GH MaxiGrow/Maxi Bloom and Cal-Mag both at levels suggested on GH website
Complete water changes every week where all water is drained then shop-vac’d to dry bottoms before refilling with new nutrient water.
Temps have steadily been around 77 for the High and about 63 for the Low.

5 Likes

Welcome back. I have a couple of observations:

plants are a LONG way from being done. Absolutely no reason to look at trichomes now. Plus when you do, only sample from flower calyx and not sugar leaves.

Plants look healthy but be warned your light is not going to be enough to produce dense flower. You could probably do fine with one more light of the same size. Just FYI. It can mean the difference between 1 oz. and 8 oz. yield.

Are you running a chiller? Hydroguard or similar? Are you running Micro too? You should. What are your water temps? Do you know the TDS and PH of your rez?

2 Likes

Hi and thank you for responding. No chiller or Hydroguard, No additional micronutes either. Water temps stay right in the 71-73 range. As for my light…I probably didn’t say the right wattage because this light was recommended for this size tent and I’ve gotten some heavy yields using this same tent/light growing in Pro-MixHP.

1 Like

At those temps I’d suggest introducing Hydroguard. It’s a water inoculant that helps keep the root zone from developing root rot.

3 Likes

Will do right away. Hopefully it’s not too late.

1 Like

I looked many times when first growing and I found a lot of trichs turn cloudy and amber all through the grow. You have to marry the cloudy with age. I dont look any longer till the pistils all turn brown. At least most like 95%. Then start looking at various places on the colas. The very top being closer to the light and heat will turn first. Look farther down and on lower buds and you will see stages of ripeness.

1 Like

@NUG61 this shoukd be a nice crowded room if he dial it and get the ratio mix right on that Nasa nutient GH is still holding they own to all the brands thats out since the green rush . Gh works it ifs done right !

1 Like

@Marvieman

1 Like

Not sure how much you spend on nutes, but a chiller can be cost effective. If you chill and filter the solution you dont need to change it weekly. Insert what bennies for roots you like here, then to keep clean add Dr. Tims Waste Away for fresh water aquariums, that eats root rot and the brown algae, then add some barley straw extract, algae wont grow with that, then Hydroguard = everything stays clean and you wont need to change until you have added an equal volume of water/ top up solution that your system holds. I have an extreme example, but i have had the same tank 6 weeks now in seedling+veg, never cleaned airstones once.

1 Like

Are you can just add a Torus ion ph perfect for hydro reservoirs that will keep your reservoir ph perfect and bacteria free for 6 months constant .