Need advice for drying tent

Mmm sounds delicious! Walleye is probably one of my favorites. Marinated in a citrus marinade I made up for 24 hours and grilled.

2 Likes

That looks tasty! I can’t say I’ve found a fish I don’t like. There was a place where I grew up that sold smoked carp! Local park lakes here have tons of carp…if only I had a smoker!

1 Like

Carp fishing is one of my favorites! I’ve never eaten it though.

1 Like

Nice, I am as well. It’s striped bass season where I’m at, trying to get out.

Cool.

I like carp fishing as well. But more salt than fresh water fishing.

1 Like

Always wanted to go striper fishing. They aren’t where I am located, but a 3 to 4 hour drive would get me where they are.

1 Like

Striper fishing is exhausting. If you get in a run, after several hours of constant reeling, you realize “I never thought I’d get so tired of catching big fish, that you want to just stop”.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m sure it’s probably similar to how 30lb carp run. Can be a good 20 minute fight sometimes lol

2 Likes

They have become my favorite fish to locate and catch. I’m lucky, I get the spring run in the river, then night time in the back bays, until now, the fall run which is always my favorite. I might go out in a few days for a last ditch effort.

Here’s my spring in the river fish. There’s a big city in the background that is easily identified. LOL We have a nice Carp fishery, but the sharpies don’t give any information on the good spots. As a kid I did better with carp than I do today.

3 Likes

That’s a beautiful fish!! You actually aren’t very far from me at all!! Look for slow moving water where the water visibility is low. This time of the year they are looking for clay bottom and low vis water.

1 Like

Thanks. I am looking for a carp hole. I think I might have found one. A cove on the river. I’ll let ya know.

happy fishing and growin’

1 Like

A cove is Definitely a great area this time of the year! Happy growing and fishing to you as well. Tight lines and tight buds!

1 Like