Need advice for drying tent

That makes perfect sense. Thank you.

2 Likes

Ive read something about using ur inline exhaust system to draw the old air out of ur drying and into ur main growing tent , apparently you run the ducting from ur drying tent to ur main tent apparently this works really well for what i read .as long as u have a a fan blowing air around ur tent and u keep ur rh at 62% and ur temp around 65-70f u should be right and i think a 3×3 should be big enough for what u want

1 Like

I don’t use tent, I use a rack that is in the corner of the room my tent is in. Humidity in there is around 50-60% and my rack is sitting in the airflow. Four to five days gets me close enough to try jarring and gets me a better idea of how things are looking

1 Like

Nice idea but I don’t have enough room.

1 Like

Have u seen the drying tents they have out

Dry Your Herbs | Dryer Tent Kit | Drying and Curing - YouTube have a look at this link there are different sizes u can get

1 Like

I am not sure if you comment was in response to mine? I have looked at the small tents but I have no room to put one in tandem with with my existing veg or grow tent. It would have to be stand alone but I am not going to worry yet. Timing might work out so I can dry the finished girls in the flower tent.

1 Like

@JaneQP I decided on a 4x2x5 tent for drying and got a 4inch fan/filter for it. So we shall see how it works.

1 Like

Let us know! I have the same sized veg and flower tents.

1 Like

That’s what I use. I have two hanging in there now. I use passive intake, but have a small fan to pull air out the other side.
I’m lucky as the Temp is around 60-65 and Rh is 55-60% in the basement.

I have several aquariums that add to the humidity, on their own.

And that is a GREAT first grow!!! You should be proud. I learned a lot here and I’m on my 4th and my girls never looked as good as those plants. You should be proud. I’m a farmer too, lol.

4 Likes

Awesome thanks for the info. My basement keeps around the same temps/humidity. Thank you for the kind words. I am definitely very happy with how things are going so far.

1 Like

@ReelOfishalTrees Are you a fisherman? Angler? From your name on here.

1 Like

Yes I am an avid angler :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s a beautiful grow! Congrats!

1 Like

Thank you very much.

Hubs loves to fish. Since we left the life of catfish and northern pike it is only trout here.:grinning:

1 Like

Brook trout is one of my favorite fish to eat.

2 Likes

I LOVE trout but hubs doesn’t so C&R. We went camping and he C&R’d 12 beauties. I said next time bring one back and I would clean it and cook.

1 Like

They are one of the easiest fish to clean too because you can eat the skin, which is the best part when you get it nice and crispy :slight_smile:

1 Like

When we go out to eat if trout is on the menu I order it! My son and I went to this old mobster restaurant a couple weeks ago and the special was steelhead!

1 Like