Need advice for drying tent

So I am getting closer to my first harvest and I wanted to set up a drying tent. I was looking for advice as to what size should suitable to hang the autos from my 8x4. I plan to get an intake fan/filter. I will get a heater, dehumidifier, or Humidifier if needed to maintain perfect drying temps/RH. I’m just stuck on what size tent I should get.
I have 11 girls all around this size. this is just 1/3 of the tent in the pic.

12 Likes

Great looking flowers!

2 Likes

Thanks dude! I’m super stoked about my first grow, but I have to give most of the credit to the amazing people on this forum who have helped me out along the way and the countless hours of journals I’ve read lol

8 Likes

Very nice!

3 Likes

Thanks. Any advice on a tent size?

Budget is my sound advice. Light the space you have budgeted. 4x4 is a common space to light for flowering, and most fixtures are set up to light that space. Anything smaller I would go with 2x4 or 3x3. Just depends on how much you need, and how much space you have set aside.

2 Likes

I’m asking for a drying tent. Sorry if my post was confusing lol that’s why I made this post.

1 Like

I am looking at a drying tent also! Hope you don’t mind if I tag along. I only have 2-3 drying at the same time so I was looking at something smaller and shorter but then again I am expanding my grow to the legal limit and may need something bigger.

It Is just too arid here (now averaging 25%) and they dry way too fast when I just hang them in the basement. I tried paper bags in the tent. But just so hard to pump in humid air except during the summer with the swamp cooler running and we have a good 50+ RH.

3 Likes

Absolutely don’t mind if you tag along. I have the space in my basement to dry, but I’d rather put it in a 100% controlled environment. I was thinking a 4x4, but im not sure if that is overkill.

1 Like

The last time I was able to use my tent for drying I saw I could probably fit twice as much and if I if I separated the individual branches probably more. Just my observation and I had nowhere as many big colas like you!

Set to watch.

2 Likes

Hmmm then maybe a 4x4 will do the trick. I’ll just have to get some lines tied up in there and utilize the space wisely.

1 Like

LOL don’t go by my advice I still consider myself a newbie! BTW nice to meet you. I have seen you quite a bit on the forum and always impressed with your knowledge and grows.

2 Likes

Nice to meet you as well. Well your advice is probably much better than mine since I am still on my very first grow. Any bit of growing knowledge I have gained mostly from all the journals and incredible people on here. Also the countless hours and hours of YouTube videos I have watched, but thank you very much for the kind words. You definitely carry very beneficial knowledge because I’ve read most of the stuff here on this forum and you are always offering excellent advice :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you don’t want to drop coin on a tent you could always tarp off an area in the basement. 60rh and 65-70ish temp shouldn’t be too hard to maintain.
If you do want to get a tent get something you can utilize for other things when not drying. Like a clone,veg or mother tent…I’ve seen what your up to lol, your going to have some good sized harvests. You can probably stuff everything into a 3x3 but a 4x4 might be a bit easier

2 Likes

Who me lol??? Just practicing over here lol. That’s a great idea to get a multi purpose out of it.

2 Likes

A wedryer xl do them with ease. No stress on humidity and temps then as much.

1 Like

2x2 would be plenty. No need to be extravagant.

2 Likes

Ok thank you very much for the input

1 Like

I think I will hunt down wardrobe box. Last one I got my hubs threw it out with all the moving boxes to pack up our two spare bedrooms full of the kids stuff!

1 Like

If you want a drying tent, you want something just big enough to hang your harvest, and yet small enough to control the environment, It is much easier to control a smaller environment than a larger one.

5 Likes