Need advice before I purchase this light

You do realize that these diodes are sorted by “bin” as determined by the actual performance of each diode?
HLG and the other premium brands are using top bin diodes whereas the cheap knock-offs, like Mars Hydro are using diodes from a lower level bin, which means the FACTORY has determined that these diodes are yes - this diode but for whatever reason they don’t quite meet the specs to be called top bin.
It’s like how Walmart sells “grey market” electronics.
It’s not TOP shelf, grade A stock. For whatever the reason and has been determined to be grade “B”. Meaning it’s not going to a flagship corporation - it’s going to a discount house.

yes - sometimes it looks like a duck and walks like a duck but it quacks like a little, tiny duckling.

And besides - if anyone alive thinks you don’t get EXACTLY what you pay for I have some oceanfront property in Arizona I’m selling for cheap!

HGE!!

2 Likes

If you want bar lights go chilLED.
You’ll have to assemble it yourself.

1 Like

Thanks for y’all’s input, Just trying to weigh pros and cons and what would work for me. But yeah most likely will go with a HLG light so congrats on your purchase and good luck

1 Like

This is the light I’m looking to buy. I just grow one plant at a time and figure this would do a good job.

1 Like

Mars hydro is like 4 years behind top brands lol
But. They still probably sell more because they are good at advertising and talking BS.

Although I believe they’re about to have new releases; the most recent OpticLED release on the market look very interesting, with built in UV, and being able to adjust the red / blue / full spectrum would be very beneficial.

If anyone has any experience with the OpticLED’s mentioned above id love to hear their thoughts.

Some folks speak highly of the Mars FC series of lamps and I use a TSW2000 to veg with that does great in a 3x3. However, when it comes to flowering, the girls move into the 4x4 under an HLG Scorpion Rspec. I’m no lighting guru, but I know that all else being the same, I produce larger, denser buds with the HLG lamp than I did with the Mars. I know, twice wattage for the HLG, not a fair comparison but I’ve never ran the Scorpion Rspec above 75% and it runs a lot cooler than any other light I’ve used. Scorpion also runs closer to the canopy than the 600R mentioned earlier so it gives you more vertical space to work with and that can be nice when they stretch a bit more than anticipated.