Nearly all of them are dying now. I haven’t done anything different in this germination process to what I normally do so I can’t work out what’s going on

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

Strain (type, bag seed): Bruce Banner and Gold Leaf
Soil in pots, hydroponic, or coco?: Canna Coco
PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?: Humidity dome
What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS: No nutrients
Indoor or outdoor: Indoor
Light system, size?: 20watt CFL
Temps day, night: 24 degrees from heat Mat. The tray is off the mat approximately half an inch
Humidity day, night
Ventilation system (yes/no, size): vents open slightly
AC, humidifier, de-humidifier?: No
Co2 (yes/no):No

Nearly all of them are dying now. I haven’t done anything different in this germination process to what I normally do so I can’t work out what’s going on. Germination is pretty simple. And I keep it simple. I don’t add nutrients until about 6-7 weeks and even then it’s only a low dose. I’m absolutely lost. I don’t have hopes for any of these. They look terrible

I see 5, maybe 6 in the blue cups that I bet I could save.

The first thing I would do Is get them out of the humidity dome and away from a heat mat. Keep the room warm, but they don’t need a mat as big as they are. Water, gently, with ph’ed water a couple of times a day. And then, give this a couple of weeks to work.

I never use a humidity dome, a heat mat nor coco and I rarely lose a plant.

2 Likes

I used a seed starter mix for the first time this year. I managed to kill off a couple of them due to that.
Heat matt and dome when germinating good. once they break ground,its just like a crock pot on those youngins

1 Like

They don’t look as bad as you think. They just look overwatered. Seedlings don’t need much water, so just just mist the surface of the soil when it looks dry. For now let the soil dry out a bit.

1 Like

As everyone has stated these girls can grow to be big girls. Bury them as much as possible when you transplant.
Happy Growing!!!

1 Like

I just went through this same thing in the last 2 days. my seedlings looked like they were about to die.Yours look great compared to how mine were. Mine are in rapid rooters. I had to not water for 2 days to get them back. Now they are starting to look good again. I would just dribble a little water around the out side edge of the cups if they were mine. Let the middle dry out a touch. The roots will find the water.

1 Like