NC hemp law change

Wanted to pass along a change.org link that a good friend of mine started to get the word out about how the law is changing in NC. Would love to help the cause in anyway I can but if this violates any policy for the site please let me know. @dbrn32 @Countryboyjvd1971

Essentially this new bill NC SB 315 weighs the need to prosecute marijuana users over the benifits cbd hemp offer by making smokable hemp illegal. Can’t believe this is still a thing in 2019 but that’s what’s it like living in the south :nauseated_face:

Keep the CBD hemp industry in NC alive

3 Likes

@latewood are you alright with link above?

I don’t see any issues with it as long is there not try to sell anything it should be good

1 Like

I’m fellow NC resident, I’m with ya! It’s to bad this is only for growers for hemp industry and commercial use for paper etc. States the hemp must only contain 3% THC or lower to be grown :frowning: As you said it’s a shame a plant is considered so bad when it helps so many, like me and my muscle disease.

1 Like

I just got back from NC. I smoked the shit out of some ganja while I was there.

2 Likes

Haha, Yeah I live here and grow my own and smoke the sh** outa it myself. Just wish recreational was passed here, would make things so much easier. Plus I’m a transplant from Alaska, so no contacts, so must grow my own…

1 Like

I know what you mean. I’m illegal also

1 Like

Yeah unfortunately it goes into place in March of 2020 (could be May one of the “M” months)

Unfortunate to say the least! Still has to pass through governors office so maybe hill veto it and throw it in the trash where it belongs

2 Likes

Just an update it did not pass the senate - they have it on the spring calendar but Indiana just went to federal court for a very similar bill and the bill was shut down on the basis that banning a portion of the plant was usurping the federal guidelines which have stated the entire plant was legal. Should set a precedent

1 Like