Natures living soil?

Hey y’all! I’m about a month into my first grow and I’m using fox farms ocean forest soil and the fox farm trio nutrients. I haven’t started using the nutrients yet maybe in another week. But I was looking for a more sure fire way to grow and take some of the headaches away for my next grow. I work a lot and don’t have a whole lot of time. I was wondering if anyone has used natures living soil and how much it yielded for you? And also if you still had to amend your soil or if it burned your plants or any experience thank you!

2 Likes

I haven’t used it myself but there’s a lot of soil recipes on the forum that only really require water after being established….search up “super soil recipes”

1 Like

I’m not sure if creating a living soil is less overall work or not. In my opionen it is 100% the way to grow.

Yeild is all about strain, grow style, conditions, nutes and your love/time spent in the garden.

While growing organicly may be alittle harder to burn the plants you still can. Always play it safe. We run half strength everything.

After each year your soil will still need worked.

2 Likes

I feel there’s “give and take” with the work involved in comparing mediums….

One guy might have to feed and water everyday
One guy might not have to water but once a week
And every kinda schedule in between

“The work” comes down to how much you care bout your plants and what you expect out of them. This is a direct reflection of this variable….

Learn about your desired medium and the requirements of it to take the stress out and ease the planning for the future. This is required of all grows and if I’m really speaking honestly…none of it is work :sunglasses::v:t2:

1 Like

Thank you guys for your responses I really appreciate it!

1 Like

I agree with @grizZz. It’s all about what ‘you’ want out of the grow.

1 Like

I use living soil that I make, and I use no bottled nutrients and just topdress with frass every couple weeks and water in some brewed teas throughout veg and flower. It’s cheap, and works amazing

3 Likes

Try a blend of Fox farm strawberry Fields with 20%perlite in the bottom of ur pot and the half half mix of happy frog and ocean Forest on top of the strawberry Fields do compost tea and banana tea as boosters but I would mix bat guano in the soil or worm castings and use the beneficial bacteria I think it’s called great white

1 Like

I used NLS when I was going through some medical issues was in a chair for a few months so taking care of my plants was tough it worked as advertised did 3 auto growsthe best was 3 GSCX 11 ounces

1 Like

Here is a link to some stuff I got introduced to this past week while out on the farm. I only got a small sample but will be adding it to our teas. Might be somthing to look into.
Also look into creatimg a freshly brewed organic tea for feeding. Your soil/plant will thrive and love it.
@grizZz check out the link.

Also noticed the head grower messing around with this. I guess when you are dealing with so many plants a paint sprayer is needed to make it go alittle faster. As a spray. Lol

1 Like

Yea I’ve actually heard of this stuff….have definitely been looking around at additions to what I have planned next year thanks for the tag bro :sunglasses::facepunch:t2:

I would’ve loved to see the garden that this dude is using this for :grin:…wonder how many jugs he goes through and if it truly makes a difference

1 Like

It’s just like our gardens. Just on alittle bigger scale. Man even at work I can’t get away for the grass. Lol

1 Like

Now that’s an operation :star_struck:

1 Like

is that Mars?

1 Like

Lol It easily enough could be with the smokey skis thenpast few days. :wink:

Now I know why y’all’s plants grow so big out there :grin: you let em smoke too :rofl:

1 Like

Hey @Poepoe3 I know this post is a few months later but how did everything turn out? I switched to living soil last grow and it worked for the time I had available.

It turned out ok I think for my first grow!

I was growing outside and definitely made some mistakes and has pest issues at the begging and greenhouse issues but managed to turn it around in time to get a decent amount! Looking to get an inside grow tent for next time but all in all it worked out fine. Thank you for asking!

Looks nice and I wish you well on your indoor adventure!

Did you end up using the Nature’s Autoflower with the Ocean Forest for the grow??