Naturalmedmans late-season grow

I’ve been cutting out the rot as I see it. Lost my 3 best kolas earlier this week unfortunately. I think the garage/dehumidifier last night helped as I’m not seeing any new rot this morning. The nights are just so damp here. Also, seeing a bunch more pistils turned red over night so maybe by tomorrow night when I harvest it’ll be slightly more ready.

@Lacewing @Caligurl love the concentrates blog! Good stuff. I thought everclear was illegal. I’ll have to make a visit to the liquor store.

2 Likes

It is illegal in many states. I live in the highest regulated (F&c&'in) state in the NATION…

I have to drive to the next state to buy it.

2 Likes

Man I gave my sis one of the chocolates from caligurls blog …yesterday
She was back this morning and took 3 more hahaha they really are killer
I never extracted anything before or even harvested weed before …Her blog makes it so easy
Huge treasure on this forum !!

2 Likes

Like your avatar change very nice
I tried the other day for an adult lacewing but every thing I try to upload they don’t allow or wrong format hahah ughh

2 Likes

Here’s the sample I cut on Monday. Seems to have dried nicely. Smells pretty good considering it hasn’t cured. Just waiting for the workday to end so I can give it a try. :timer_clock:

5 Likes

Ah man that’s a nice nug …your gonna enjoy that but I would try and really taste the terps it may have a hay taste but I could taste the terpines right through it …

Awesome looking bud

Which strain is that! Looks like super lemon haze …but I don’t remember you saying ypu grew that

It’s ILGM northern lights photo. Just tried a sample :crazy_face: I can definitely taste some nice terps and it got the job done. It’ll be real nice once cured. Makes me feel much better about harvesting early.

1 Like

Yeah I thought you’d say something along these lines …
After I saw that bud I was like …JACKPOT …

Wish i could have a taste …

Pass it over mayne …lol

I’m awful I want to try a hit of everyone’s herb !!!

2 Likes

:rofl: I’m the same way. There needs to be an ILGM bud exchange so we can all sample each others herb.

Only smoked a half a bowl and was feeling good while watching TV. Was going to harvest the rest this morning but fell asleep at 11 and didn’t roll out of bed until 8. I’ll have to harvest it tonight. Cut out more rot this morning so she’s definitely coming down.

Did you wet or dry trim? I’m leaning towards wet, but also read that if you dry trim it allows the buds to mature a little more. And did you wash and then trim or trim and then wash the buds?

Now back the the second half of that bowl :laughing:

1 Like

So …I cut the plant at the main stalk just below the soil level .Hung it upside down for about an hour while I got my wash station set up …then I cut the branches off the main stalk
I removed only larger fan leaves and anything with stem material showing.Then did a bud wash
This leaves all the sugar leaves on during dry …which I believe causes it dry slower and that’s what you want …final dry trim was done once they dried and just before curing

This may give you an idea of the material I left on to dry trim
y

3 Likes

I did a little of both. I trimmed off larger material wet to help with drying then went back and cleaned them up once dry before going into jars.

2 Likes

@BowHunt3r @Lacewing do you use lemon juice/baking soda or H2O2 and water or both? I see some lemon juice in that photo @Lacewing. And damn that’s a beautiful sight with all those flowers hanging!

1 Like

So I had no lold or bud rot to contend with and used ZERO h202
Just lemon juice and baking soda

You can follow this posted by @MeEasy and I copied it …
Since you have rot I would use the H202 added in with the others

4 Likes

I only used H202 and water

1 Like

Harvested on Saturday night. Not a huge harvest by any means, but better than nothing. Had to cut out a little more rot and didn’t see any more seeds. Chopped off anything that didn’t look healthy or frosty, gave a bath in H2O and H2O2 and now hanging dry in my garage. I’ll give the final trim once dry. I have the Rh around 60% and temps are colder than I anticipated at 55-60 as the outside temps dropped significantly overnight to low 40s.

Some learnings for next harvest - take allergy meds beforehand (I think I’m allergic to freshly cut cannabis), don’t take a bunch of gummys beforehand (I was enjoying myself at first, but by the end all I wanted to do was lay in bed and watch tv!), cutting at night, especially a rainy night is perfect since no one is outside and it was reeking.

5 Likes

I break out in little hives where the plants touch my arms! Long sleeves for me and I’ll start taking an allergy tab beforehand.

2 Likes

My nose was completely stuffed up, but I could still smell the freshly cut cannabis lol! My garage, where I cut and dry, is attached to the house (no door to pass thru) and it was smelling thru the wall for the next 2-3 days. Couldn’t believe how strong the smell was.

@Cannabian @Deez @Naturalmedsman @Nip @Covertgrower
High,
Just because you found a seed on a female doesn’t necessarily mean it will be feminized. Just so you know. I’ve found several and some turned out to be male. Be observant and attentive when you germinate and grow them. Good luck.
Happy growin/harvest.
Ger

2 Likes

Thx @Gerant,

I have found a few seeds in my outdoor plants which I won’t plant. I have Mr. Real Hemp plants five doors down with a big patch in his front yard. I would be afraid that his ditch weed pollinated my girls.

Wish someone could invent condoms for male plants!

3 Likes

Good to know. I still have a bunch of ILGM seeds (white widow CBD auto, gorilla glue auto and northern lights photo) so probably won’t plant any that I harvested for a long while, if ever. Also have a credit with ILGM for more seeds lol. So torn on what to get next. Needs to finish early and be rot resistant for next season. Autos make sense but my northern lights photo buds were so much nicer and denser then my gorilla glue auto.

Did you finish harvesting yet? Looked like you had a lot of great bud from the first couple plants. Let me know how they turn out!

1 Like