Naturalmedmans late-season grow

It had been a tough year for gardening! While I haven’t had deer problems, I’ve had terrible bugs and mold. I can’t say I’ve ever had mold issues with my veggie plants. So crazy.

@Gerant all good here. It’s been raining like crazy since last night and my yard is a little flooded but not too windy. Took the plant out of the garage and put it under an awning for now. Think we have a few more hours before Henri makes landfall.

1 Like

Thanks! I thought about using a box but worried about it not getting enough air circulation. My garage has two windows that I can easily cover with black garbage bags to block the light and it’s about 60% RH inside so I’m thinking that could work. I’d just move the plant in around 7pm, and then move it back out around 10 or 11pm when I take the dogs out before bedtime.

1 Like

As long as nobody is turning on the garage light unexpectedly thats a fine plan. I know in my house someone’s basically guaranteed to need to get into the garage during those hours pretty often.

I dont think the restricted airflow inside a box for two or three hours will matter.

1 Like

Survived (and thrived) the storm. Looks like sunshine for the next few days.

Still no pistils or signs of flowering so today is the first day I’m trying to force flower. Only knocked off 20 min. at night to start so it’s getting about 13 hours sunrise to sunset/garage. if this works I’ll only have to move the plant for about 2 weeks until I’m at 13 hours naturally. We’ll see if that’s enough. Also turned off motion detector lights that could have been slowing the flowering.

6 Likes

Made a new spidy friend.

This thing seemed to grow inches over night.

6 Likes

What kind of peppers are those? I grew the same 3 things this year. Pickling cucumbers, tomatoes, and peppers (Jalepeno and Cayenne). How’d your garden do?

4 Likes

Nice haul from your garden Those were red hot chili peppers and maybe a cayenne mixed (most of mine aren’t ripe yet). I also grew these hot Portugal peppers. The chili peppers and cayenne I jar in vinegar with a little salt. I like the hot vinegar for meats and sandwiches and it preserves the peppers too. I think I’m going to make hot sauce with the Portugal peppers. This is my first year growing them. So far, with the exception of my zucchini which got moldy, my garden did really great. We eat a lot of cucumbers in this house so nothing was left over for pickling, but I do make pickles occasionally.

3 Likes

Well it’s been 4 nights that I’ve tried to force flower and not even one pistil yet. I’m down to about 12:40 of darkness. Was hoping I wouldn’t need to go all the way down to 12 or less or I’ll be moving this plant for a month, which is annoying. Maybe I’ll knock off another 15 min. :thinking:

3 Likes

Maybe the first little tips of pistils popping out? Hard to tell, could just be new leaf growth. Removed some of the lower stems that were right up against the soil and fed with fox farms open sesame. Now over 28 inches tall not including the pot. Impressed at how quickly it grew. Hopefully it flowers quickly too!

2 Likes

Think it’s safe to say “it’s a girl!” Woo!

5 Likes

Unless its both? :laughing:

I was thinking that too but didn’t want to say it and jinx myself. Thanks for doing it for me :rofl:

1 Like

@Cannabian unfortunately I think you were right. There are some very suspect looking sacs as of today that don’t look like calyx to me.

Not sure how this happened. The only real stress I’ve given this plant is removing about 4 lower branches a few days ago. Otherwise it seems good on nutrients, and the weather, while rainy hasn’t been extremely hot or cold. Ive been careful with force flowering, knocking off 20 minutes of daylight in the evening for a few days, then another 15 minutes a few days later (so 35 minute total) and then putting it in my dark garage at the same time every evening.

I have terrible luck. Guess I should pluck those sacs and prey for the best? It’s looking like this season might be a complete loss. What do you think @Cannabian @thedeernad @OlyBoy98503 @AfgVet?

4 Likes

Can you get a more focused pic? I can’t really tell with these pics.

Was this a gem seed or a reg?

1 Like

The second pic looks awfully ballsy to me

2 Likes

I’ll try to get better pics tomorrow. It was raining and windy today. This is an ILGM fem/photo northern lights seed. Thanks for looking!

I see… yeah looks like mannabis going on there? But give it time. You may be able to pluck em off and still get some good bud? If you dont have a bunch more plants to threaten, you might do the best you can and make concentrates like kief for hash making or edibles? Its not necessarily a wasted plant because it hermied.

1 Like

Yeah. This is my only plant so I’ll keep it going and “pluck and pray.” I removed what I could see. Hopefully it doesn’t continue to hermie. I had a few sacs on my last grow and after I plucked them I didn’t get anymore.

@AfgVet a few more pics. Hard to get good close ups though.

Uploading: DAF2B086-3A1E-45E5-BB75-E50686B0592A.jpeg…
Uploading: C0E6F3C7-6401-4396-ABB3-7128EE017C1F.jpeg…

2 Likes

3 Likes

Was that a fem seed?