This is my first grow journal and second “real” grow. Unfortunately I lost my gorilla glue auto to mold a few weeks ago. I put it in a pop up greenhouse to protect it from some incoming storms while I was out of town, and despite cutting holes for extra ventilation, it was clearly still too humid.
So now I’m starting a late season grow and hoping to at least have a small harvest. This time around I’m trying an ILGM northern lights photo. I tried germinating my last blue dream auto as I was hoping for a sativa hybrid, but it was dud. My rationale for picking northern lights photo over another gorilla glue auto was:
- I figure they’d both flower at about the same time (GGA flowered after 3 weeks)
- The buds on my GGA foxtailed like crazy from the very start. I’m thinking it was due to low temperature swings when it first started flowering. With a late season grow I think I’ll get some low temps (50s) when it flowers.
- northern lights are supposed to be pretty mold/bud rot resistant.
Hopefully I made the right choice! I have seen some recent posts about photo plants already flowering in my region (northeast).
So here are the details:
- strain: ILGM northern lights photo
- soil: coast of Maine seed starter and then stonington/platinum
- light: cheap Amazon clamp LED, then sunlight
- climate: northeast
- nutrients: worm castings, fish bone meal, langbeinite, molasses, fox farms trio (beastie blooms, open sesame, cha ching)
Seed just sprouted today, so here we go!
My GGA pre-mold:
Buds I would have harvested if not for the mold (way too airy looking!):
Thanks in advance to all who follow along and provide thoughts along the way!