Naturalmedmans 2022 outdoor grow

White Widow from that other seed company – and I don’t mean Mephisto :rofl:

1 Like

If it were a photo and you had all the time in the world I’d say no way. Stonington has enough gas in it for at least a month.

Since it’s an auto you could start in with teas now. Like do molasses and compost and you could even charge it up with some liquid like Neptune Harvest Tomato & Veg or some liquid fish fertilizer. Either have a good amount of N

1 Like

Hmm. I don’t have all those things. I could do a tea with molasses, kelp extract and worm castings or start fox farms nutes (open sesame, beastie, cha ching).

Going to need to give it another day before I do anything. Soil is still too wet from all the rain.

2 Likes

Yeah that’s kind of the decision - go fox farms or stay organic. You can have an amazing tea that you can feed once a week with kelp, molasses and castings.

Of course if you’re gonna go fox farms don’t waste your money putting kelp and molasses and that stuff in your soil. It’s pointless if you’re gonna pour salt based ferts on there. I’ve grown plenty of autos with fox farms bloom enhancers and they come out great. Not organic (which isn’t always the most important thing) but still damn good and faaaaat buds. You could probably start in with the Cha Ching at half strength and then go to full strength in a week.

2 Likes

Went with fox farms this morning. Had some great success with it last season and could see a noticeable difference when I started using it. I love the idea of all organic, which is what I do with my garden, but I also think there’s a benefit with salt based nutes if used correctly. I like organic for vegetative growth because of the simplicity and not having to worry about nute burn, but salts to really fatten up the buds in flowering.

1 Like

Here they are this morning. Going to need to transplant the Durban poison next week.

4 Likes

Yes! I do the same with my autos except for this most recent crop where I decided to try 100% organic. Maybe the change is why I’m complaining that my harvest numbers weren’t bigger!!

Thinking I’ll follow your lead and go back to the salts when my new autos flower.

That trio of Open Seeame, Beastie Bloomz, and Cha Ching are really amazing.

Pretty sure I borrowed this idea from one of your previous grows too :joy:

1 Like

Lol well I’ve def done It before and it works :rofl:

Actually my autos started showing some pre flower pistils today.

2 Likes

Transplanted the Durban poison photo today. Seems happy in its new 10 gal bag with CoM stonington soil. I may pot up to 20 gal if it gets big enough.

Not sure what to do with this SLH auto. It literally flowered right after I started LST and now it’s growing in this funny shape. I tried to tie down the main top a few times but the plant keeps putting all its effort into growing that top regardless. Just leave it now and let it grow? What do you think? @Deez @Dforce @SilvaBack203 @GrnyGrows

4 Likes

Let it grow… babies look happy

2 Likes

Agree with @SilvaBack203 , let it grow, it should stretch at least twice that maybe more being outdoors. If it’s not going to be moved, maybe try to keep the top pulled down a little more as she stretches so al the other branches grow with the top.

3 Likes

I’m with the majority here just let it grow. You can fight that toP with more LST if you really want but it’s autos. They want what they want.

It will def keep growing. That’s the funny thing with autos how they can stretch, grow and flower all at once.

3 Likes

Thanks for the replies! Going to sit tight and see what happens.

1 Like

SLH auto 5 weeks and 2 days since it sprouted and about 10-12 days into flower. Not too smelly yet but just starting to get a little frosty. I did a little more LST today to try and pull the secondary kolas away from the primary as they were all bunching together. Just wanted to get a little more airflow and light given how low to the soil the plant is and the right nodes. It’s been so rainy and really don’t want to deal with rot.

Durban poison photo about 2 weeks since it sprouted. It was quick to sprout but slowed a little. Might be some of the temperature swings (highs in the 90s sometimes during the day and low 60s at night) and too much rain. Seems healthy though.

Garden has been doing well. Had some fresh Romain the other day anyone know why my basil leaves are splitting like this. Saw this bug but not seeing anything else. @Lacewing any idea what it might be?

3 Likes

Looking good

2 Likes

It’s Healthy looking, I grew some Autoflower and they flowered just like photos, really couldn’t tell a difference, I had the outdoor mix which included some Amnesia Haze they got tall and finished in late September the OG Kush and Skunk finished first all was supposed to be Auto’s

1 Like

I have 2 photos and 1 auto going I’m hoping the auto takes just as long to be honest …

@Naturalmedsman Looking good …I only have some Italian basil and lemon basil …some Italian parsley going too

Something is definitely munching on the basil …can’t be slugs because I’m on an elevated deck …and never have issues up here I’m thinking some kind of nocturnal weviel or something …it seems to smell fantastic tho and the parsley has zero pest issues …going to try and do broccoli and carrots in containers up here also ,but too early yet

2 Likes

Yeah I guess the silver lining is that I’ll have an early harvest and a manageable plant size with the auto.

I’ve been growing basil in that container for years and this is the first time I’ve had an issue. So strange.

2 Likes

Looks good and I do get that with my basil sometimes. I’ve always chalked it up to higher temps than it likes, too much sun or a litttle of both. Last summer I started companion planting my basil next to my tomatoes and it worked out really well. The shade from the tomatoes was exactly what the basil wanted and I had some of the biggest softest most perfect basil leaves I’ve ever had.

We’ve been getting big temp swings too 70s during the day, high 40s at night. It’s seasonable weather but it’s been a few years since we had a “normal” weather pattern so this seems strange even tho it’s right on track. Last too summers were hot af right out of the gate and stayed that way all through September

3 Likes