Naturalmedmans 2022 outdoor grow

What you are doing is called the hardening phase. That is exactly what you should be doing. Let them slowly adapt to the sun and outside elements.

For example this weekend I will start putting our plants outside in the garden. Not under direct sun but under a shade cloth. This will help them get use to the intense power of the sun. Indoor lights just can’t match is.
I’m aiming for the first week of June to transplant them to their forever homes in the outdoor garden. I like to also make sure they spend at least two nights outside before I transplant. I feel like this helps refuse any unwanted stress.

Happy growing…

3 Likes

I’ve got a nice stretch of weather here for getting plants outside, supposed to be overcast all week, a little rainy, temps staying mostly above 50 or close to it overnight. We’ve been outside the past two days and nights and I don’t think we’ll be going back in.

I’ve got my 5x5 flowering right now, at least 6 weeks to go, and I’ve been worried about bringing bugs inside if I ship them back and forth. Looks for now like I won’t have to.

3 Likes

I wish I could put plants outside – oh how I wish. I’m with you on bugs. I freak about bringing them into the grow room.

2 Likes

Yeah I made that boo-boo last summer. Outdoor autos were finishing up in August and it was humid af and I started getting bud rot.

So I figured I’d bring them indoors and finish the last two weeks of flowering in my tent. What happened was there were some aphids and when I took them inside I moved the plants away from the natural predators of the aphids and simultaneously gave the bugs a really nice happy home. So they exploded in my tent and it was aphid city.

Flowering finished up and I washed the hell out of the buds and it was all good but…. Yuck.

4 Likes

High,
Thanks nice info. Hey do you know how I can share my journal?
Happy growin
Ger

2 Likes

@Gerant, if you want to start a grow journal, you can go to the Grow Journals section and at the top of the page click “New Topic”

1 Like

High,
Yes I believe I have one going but how do I share it or tag people? I’m “journal ignorant.”
Happy growin,
Ger

1 Like

Whoever you want to tag just put the @ and then type their name. It will suggest names to fill in for you as you type.

2 Likes

You could either invite people or post the link to your journal. Or just start a thread here called “Your Journal” and then add to it.

My Journal: https://ilgm-growjournals.com/journal/728-g2wwhgcc/week/12
My thread: GrnyGrows Grow Journal

1 Like

Here we are at about 2 weeks since this little SLH auto sprouted. She really started to take off the past 2-3 days. Had it in my home office over night and walked in this morning it was smelling really good! Think I’ll transplant to a 10 gal fabric pot this weekend and leave it outside for now on. And in other cannabis news I started a Durban poison photoperiod seed this morning.

Also a quick update on the garden. Lettuce, green beans, a few onions, one cherry pepper and a bell pepper really started to take off. Roma tomato is turning into a monster and will need to be pruned a little this weekend. Also just realizing I planted bush beans instead of the pole beans I wanted. Whoops! Some of the smaller/less established peppers that I transplanted look a bit stunted. Hopefully they snap out of of it soon. Something also dug up one of my shishitos (squirrel maybe?) but didn’t eat it. Planted another little seedling next to it just in case roots were damaged.

Lettuce, white onion, one big and one small cherry pepper, a couple shishito, beans.

Roma tomato

Red chilis

Mint and bell or cayenne (I should have labeled!)

Cayenne is think

Cherry tomato, cayenne (maybe), big one is bell and last years lavender that I thought was a goner.

5 Likes

Got to love the veggie gardens :sunglasses:.

2 Likes

Beautiful garden and ladies

1 Like

Awesome stuff. Love your little garden too.

1 Like

Nice garden! What sort of red chilies are you growing? I’ve got into growing peppers the least couple of seasons in my garden and I’m interested in cool varieties.

This summer I’m making a resolution to treat my peppers like my cannabis and From what I’ve been reading you can basically feed them exactly the same and with the same ferts. Hit em with P in early flower and lots of P and K through all the flowering period. I’m super interested to see how this changes my peppers.

Yaaaas is this for indoor or outdoors? I’ve
Got a good friend who absolutely crushes it with this strain outdoors every summer. I know he’s not reading this forum so I don’t mind saying HE NEEDS TO LET IT GO LONGER BEFORE HARVESTING. Sheesh

3 Likes

Just small red chilies, cherry peppers, shishito and cayenne. I can’t handle the really hot stuff (I get violent uncontrollable hiccups :joy:) but I may try growing some next season and give them to my father in law who loves the heat. I gave the bigger pepper plants some fish bone meal and langbeinite just like my cannabis. They’re already developing a few flower buds and I cut a few off as I read that will allow them to grow bigger and produce more fruit. I got this as a Christmas gift so lots of hot options to choose:

Durban poison is for outdoors. ILGM seed germinated and had a tap root in 24 hours and popped through the soil in another 24 hours. I feel like I’m going to have my hands full training this one so my wife doesn’t kill me if it grows into a tree. Our neighbors are very close and will be able to see it if they look over the fence :eyes:. Going to transplant to a 10 gal bag and then maybe up to a 20 gal bag depending on how it goes. I’m also a little nervous about it finishing in time but I chose it bc I read the strain is fairly rot resistant and it’s one of my favorites.

What peppers are you growing? Anything tasty that won’t light my butt on :fire:? Is your friend growing the Durban poison in VT?

2 Likes

Yeah he’s been growing it in VT for years and I know for the last few years it’s been ILGM seedstock. Finishes up well and decent mold resistance.

Great pepper gift! I love that assortment :+1:

I really dig spicy stuff but I also get the hiccups real bad! It’s nice to hear I’m not the only one, my wife has me thinking I’m the only freak in nature that has this reaction :rofl:

This year I’m growing jalapeños and hot cherry peppers for pickling. ancho, green and red peppers for eating fresh. If you simmer your peppers in the pickling liquid for a minute or two it takes a ton of the spice out. The hot cherry peppers are the kind you get on a deli sandwich.

Ha! Never met anybody else with hiccup reaction. First time I ate dinner with my in-laws it happened and I’m sure they thought I was a freak :rofl:

Im also going to jar and pickle my hot cherry peppers. Love throwing the peppers in sandwiches and frying them with potatoes. Spicy vinegar works good for sandwiches and marinades too.

Good to hear re: Durban poison. Give me a little more hope that they’ll finish. Enjoy the weekend!

1 Like

Transplanted the SLH auto into a 10 gal bag today (May 29). Doesn’t look like temps will drop below 60 for here on. Durban poison doing well under the grow light.

4 Likes

Nice shes healthy n beautiful

1 Like

They’re loving this sunshine and warm weather!

Was originally thinking about topping the SLH auto but it just started to show pistils. Maybe I’ll just do a little LST instead just in case it starts to flower sooner rather than later.

5 Likes