Naturalmedmans 2022 outdoor grow

I don’t put mine out till Memorial day weekend, plus I I only running 15/9 with lights in the room. I haven’t had any issues.

2 Likes

Right on guys thanks for the feedback! I’m gonna wait til later this coming week once we get past a cold night in the forecast :+1:

1 Like

@Deez you are 100% correct. Plants do care, they care alot, when you put them outside. You put them out to early in the season and they might be takin out by frost. They also run a risk of starting to flower.

This causing them to spend a tremendous amount of time and energy ‘trying’ to revert energy. Converting it and sending it to different parts of the plant. Yes your plant can re-veg but you truly don’t want this.

If you are alittle worried about when you are putting them outside maybe wait a week. Just to make sure.

I’m in Oregon and can’t get mine outside tell about June 8th.

4 Likes

Really digging your veggie set up. I too grow in boxes and from seed. I have to grow in boxes because the ground here is either sandy or red clay. Here’s mine.

8 Likes

I’m in VT. Every outdoor grow is a race to the end. Sometimes the bud rot wins. Sometimes the temps are too low and the plant just stalls.

3 Likes

Beautiful garden @GrnyGrows! Wish I had space for more beds.

Planted some containers today while the weather was good. All pots got CoM lobster compost (it was loaded with earthworms), stonington blend fertilizer, langbeinite, bone meal, worm castings and perlite if needed. One pot had an unintended cover crop of clover so I chopped it up and mixed it in. Basil, red chili, cayenne, bell, cherry tomato. Wasn’t expecting the lavender in the back to come back after the winter.

4 Likes

High,
I had several plants pop up from seeds already dropped to the ground by last years grow. They are excellent shape and we do not have any frost in the forecast. I am in the ground. I did put two of the seeds I started in April. We will see how they grow.
Happy growin
Ger

3 Likes

Hey buddy nice mix. Have you used greensand in there? It won’t throw off your ph or anything in your mix in a negative way and gives good minerals and helps plant vigor.

I apply it heavily to my veggie beds along with a lot of the same things you use :+1:

Also Pro-Gro is a great product that has a lot of minerals mixed in with chicken poop.

3 Likes

I love container growing. When we lived on our houseboat I had the whole top deck full of containers.

2 Likes

Have you tried adding any Bokashi to the soil? If I could suggest only one item this would be the one.

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendations @Deez amd @HippieRunner1! I’ll check those products out.

3 Likes

Def gonna look into this more. Fermented stuff is good and this sounds a bit along the lines of KNF style gardening.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tag, I will be excited to follow along. I am also thinking of growing a plant or two outdoors.

4 Likes

Nice! Tag me if you do.

3 Likes

What dose KNF mean?

2 Likes

Korean natural farming. Ive been using knf techniques for a couple years now and its amazing how well they work…

2 Likes

One week update - not much to report other than this little SLH seems to be healthy. Giving 5-6 hrs direct sun outside when the weather is nice and the rest of the time under a small clip on grow light. Hoping she really takes off in the next week and then it’s time to transplant to permanent home outside. Weather has been amazing (except for today) and it’s looking like low 80s this weekend.

4 Likes

Hey @Naturalmedsman my g13 and banana Kush autos are like the same age and size as yours and I’m thinking I’m gonna stick em outside tomorrow. Supposed be sunny and hot this weekend.

2 Likes

Nice! I’m just a little nervous about stunting it with the colder temps at night so I keep bringing it back in. Probably just my paranoia :eyes: It does kind of feel like we skipped spring this year. Looking forward to following your outdoor grow!

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with bringing them in and out. I’ve been doing that with my autos that are finishing up for the last two weeks. As far as I’m concerned I call that hardening off and it’s a good thing to do.

2 Likes