Naturalmedmans 2022 outdoor grow

Dry trim or wet trim. I have never wet trimmed before. What are the advantages or disadvantages?

2 Likes

Worm can ! I do both methods. So it depends . Try both .

1 Like

It’s personal preference, I prefer wet, but as @Cantgetnosatisfaction suggests try both.

1 Like

I was in a rush so just trimmed while wet so the bud would dry faster. Last season I trimmed all larger fan leave wet and then gave a closer manicure when dry. Wet is stickier and but dry you get more trichomes falling off (not a big deal though if you catch them in a trey and use the kief later).

I guess I’ll wash then wet trim and dry. Probably take less time to dry already trimmed

2 Likes

:rofl: At least birds will eat the dreaded Caterpillars… :plate_with_cutlery: and the fact that you have a plant so big that a nesting bird wants to roost there…Bravo !
@Deez @Naturalmedsman Hmm yeah that sucks!..I don’t have a problem with humidity…I’m in Mediterranean like climate…No prob with humidity…But lots with Caterpillars mostly…and as far as autos…Ive had pretty good luck with them .Ive grown one Romulan Photo last season and it (to me) wasn’t much better . in taste or crystally trichs…or high? I likes it tough!!!then the Autos…Except ( of course) yield… :stuck_out_tongue:…I like the fact that I don’t(anymore) need that POW THC as I did once…and I don’t need so much weed!!..So Im working on Quality … more than Quantity… Every season I get better…! :star_struck:

4 Likes

Ahh I busted out the BT last night and hosed down my flowering autos and brassicas after some little (now Dead) bastard munched the crap out of my kale and started in on my cauliflower

4 Likes

Back from my travels and was happy to see that the Durban survived on its own. I put it in a shadier part of my yard near the auto lawn sprinkler and it worked. Something was munching on it and I had some white flies, but otherwise it thrived. Still stretching and not really flowering yet. I really don’t want to force flower, but may need to if it doesn’t get going soon. Starting fox farms open sesame in hopes that it will
Start flowering in the next week or 2.

3 Likes

@Naturalmedsman are those autos?..Lookin good so far huh? …Yeah the " Red Hot Chili Peppers" will do that they are much like Cannabis’ very resilient… and I hear ya! I recently went away for a stint and some of my floral plants died no worries though its a $ 4.00 dollar job @Deez yeah I grew some heirloom Tomatoes once and just as they were getting ripe …and before I pulled them some little critter ( mouse or rat,squirrel/) ate at them UUrrgg!

2 Likes

Thanks! The Durban is a photo. Even though I have it in a small 10 gal bag, topped it and did some LST this thing keeps growing. It’s nearly 5 ft and bushy. I defoliated it and it still looks bushy. The SLH I chopped a few weeks ago was an auto. Those darn critters! I have so many rabbits but luckily they don’t seem to like my cannabis.

A few more garden shots. Lots of shishitos coming in and hot cherry peppers starting to ripen.

3 Likes

Awesome looking garden! I am totally jealous of your peppers! Mine are all still green and pretty small. I’m growing a very similar variety of hot cherry pepper.

That Durban is going to be a big fat fatty, just you wait! :+1::+1:

1 Like

Most of my peppers aren’t quite ready which is strange. Usually I get a good harvest early in the summer and again late summer/early fall. I’ve really only been able to harvest bells so far.

I need to learn to grow root veggies like yours. Mine are always a failure. Tried carrots and radish last year and white onions this year with no success. Going to study up on it this winter so I’m ready for next season.

Durban poison photo 10 weeks since sprout. Lots of pistils but not flowering yet after the first week of august. Feeding fox farms open sesame for about a week. Defoliated a bunch earlier in the week with no apparent stress on the plant.

Tomatoes, cucumbers and green beans still coming in strong.

1 Like

@SilvaBack203 @Dforce how do you apply agrowlyte plant wash? I don’t see instructions on the website so not sure how much to buy. Do you just spray it on in a spray bottle undiluted?

1 Like

I use a sprayer and you suppose to wash the plant top and bottom. I had a bad problem so i used at 1 cup of Agrowlyte per 1 cup of water

2 Likes

Exactly what @SilvaBack203 said if your having problems now it’s 50/50. And you are supposed to spray every other day till gone, usually just a few times. For prevention it’s 75/25 once a week. Also don’t forget to bring the ph down with distilled white vinegar to between 3.5 an 5. I was bringing it down between 4 and 4.5.
I went through the qt pretty fast, but many plants, and spraying at 50/50.
I just purchased a machine that makes the hypochlorous acid, so I will never run out.
I also use a electrostatic sprayer.

2 Likes

@SilvaBack203 @Dforce thank you! Going to try this a preventative when the Durban flowers. I have a pump sprayer I can use to apply.

1 Like

High,
Beauty!
Happy growin
Ger