National Parks and Wildlife Preserves still enforce MJ laws

I heard about this, so I thought I would look it up and share. Even if recreational use of Marijuana is legal in your state it is not legal on any Federal land. This includes national parks and wildlife management areas. The entire Appalachian Trail is off limits. Gateway National Seashore, (NY and NJ sides), Check the parks website if you plan to visit any national parks. Even Washington’s Headwaters in a little park in Morristown. I never would have thought that was Fed property. I guess all monuments, museums and historic battlefields too. We’ll just go back to old school. I’m a little too slow these days to run from Johnny Law, but it was fun when we were younger.

3 Likes

Absolutely :100: :+1:

1 Like

wow that was quick reply, I was trying to edit misspelled Jhonny.

For whatever reason this reminds me of what we used to do as teens, walking around the hood getting stoned all day every day. We used to sit in the local pizza joint, burn incense, and smoked weed while we ate our pizza. Never got caught, but I can’t imagine that the staff and customers didn’t know what we were doing. It was back in the mid-70s.

4 Likes

Federally funded areas like some hospitals, universities, other places too.
Used to go see some musicians at San Diego State. Nice small venue, but had to be careful.
Stopping MJ use in national parks is impossible but like you I cant run fast enough now…Lol

Those Federal spots are what vape pens were made for lol

2 Likes

I believe in most states with legal weed it’s still illegal to smoke in public and public places.

1 Like

Only if you get caught. Same with feds places. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Recreational is pretty new in NJ so nobody really knows the rules. I noticed more no smoking signs where they never were before. Some towns are passing ordinances against issuing permits to MJ dispensaries. Just some holier than thou Township Counsel member trying for votes, not the will of the people.
I fish in a wildlife refuge and have seen the same CO many times. We hotboxed a joint in my truck in a downpour. When it stopped raining, we got out to fish and there he was. There is no way that he didn’t smell it. We weren’t doing anything else wrong so I guess he didn’t care.

1 Like

Nobody cared till Reagan. I have had mine taken. Been made to dump it. Had my pipe tossed into a field. All by LEO. In the 70’s nobody gave 2 craps about weed.

1 Like

Alcohol too. We used to stand outside a liquor store until we’d get a dude to pick up a fifth of whiskey for us, then we’d drive around and drink it. Got caught a few times. All the cops did back then is pour out the bottle and tell us to go home. It was a different world back then.

2 Likes

Was that you?

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I have this friend who just never grew up. I had to warn him about being careful in the swamp. He’s the kind of guy who would light up in front of the Conservation Officer and say “ha ha! you can’t bust me” Boy, won’t he be supprised.
We were driving towards “Dodge City” as we called it with a headlight out. we got pulled over and he says “Are you crazy driving into that town with a headlight out?”
“And don’t think I don’t see the case of beer under your feet.” “And I could smell that shit as soon as I stepped out of the patrol car.” Now turn around and I won’t tell your mom. Almost everyone knew a cop or had one in the family. Small towns rule. At least back then

2 Likes

I know it is cliche but it truly was. Color and race meant diddly. Cops did their job and went home and smoked grass. 5 finger lid was 20. 1 finger of it seeds. Another stems. 3 fingers leaves and immature bud.

I grew up in a pretty small town. I think we had 40,000 people. The dealer we had back then was big time. The dude had whatever it was that you might want, and then some. I walked in the guy’s living room one time and there sat 2 of the town’s cops. I about soiled my pants because my dad knew a lot of cops (and dragged me out of all kinds of legal problems when I was a kid) and I thought it was going to be a bust. They were just there buying weed.

1 Like

This is EXACTLY the response a guy labeled @Covertgrower should have lmao!!

3 Likes

I got older in a small town maybe 8000 peeps,county cats and dogs(Hornell,NY).
One night we were smoking a joint in the car then I here a knock on the window.there stands a Leo with his hand out.so I pass it to him.he takes a big hit then rubs it out on the ground.And says ,”don’t be doing that stuff here”,and walks away.we all knew him and he knew us.nothing ever came of it.as stated,”Small towns rule”.

2 Likes

Yall should see all plants they pull from Daniel Boones National forest in ky its crazy choppers pull lots of from there

For the last few years, (before legalization) the cops have been pretty cool as long as you’re not an _-hole.
Our shop got robbed by some doper and some plainclothes detectives came out to investigate. Our friend showed up and lit a bowl and passed it to the cop. “No thank’s I can’t. I’m on duty.” as he chuckled and showed him his badge. “Don’t worry we’re not here for that”. " It should be legal anyway."

1971 Chicago police stopped us (UNDERCOVER CAR). The 15 year old driving was the only sober, non drinker. They took our beer and said go, we are looking for drugs and found none. Too much paperwork to bust you all for the list of infractions. The 350Shelby attracted them, no drugs for me, back then.