So, I’ve been having a good grow so far. I’ve been trying to keep BW happy, but temps in the Midwest this week was hot and humid. In addition, she doesn’t like a lot of nutes, so I’ve been toggling in the ppm of 650-1150. Upon inspection, I seen these nanners. I know for a fact its on another cola, but I haven’t seen how many colas are affected (plant yo-yo woes). No males were in the tent at all, so many things could have been the reason. What should I do? Day 36 in flower.
Sprits the banners with water, take tweezers, pluck them out and throw them into a wet paper towel, fold it and throw away. It will be up to you if they get really bad if you want to work at removing them every day or trash the plant. I had one there out so many… It got really bad but I decided to hang in there with her.
Stress can cause hermies and it could also just be genetics
Thats what I’ll do in the morning. I’ll have to make sure they’re not all over the other colas too. I will stick it out at least another week and see if it worsen.
As long as they don’t get out of control, it is not a disaster. Even if some pollination happens and you get a few mature seeds, they are the next best thing to a clone. If the plant self pollinates, the seeds will be replicas of the parent. ie: feminized or fem-auto and of the same strain.
I fought with them and had no seeds found.
Pulled this amount every few days or so.
Agree with @HMGRWN , I found about 4 nanners on my Bruce Banner auto. Just got tweezers and plucked and ate them! Lasted for about a week, then stopped for probably 6 weeks, then I found 1 more. Don’t give up on your girl!
Waste not, want not
Nanners are good for you! Can’t smoke all my veggies!
I hear ya!