Name your strain

Been growing mostly sativa the past couple years now, looking for a good indica to try out. I’m wanting an unforgettable body high! I plan on mixing it with one of my fav sativa. So what I’m asking is wat is your favorite strain to smoke? What type of high do you get from it? Look forward to seeing what all of you have to say. Right now my favorite is the sunset sherbet from ILGM. Grow my first last grow and it’s a very nice smoke, smooth and the high is great head high that really lifts the spirit up. Look forward to the discussion.

2 Likes

My all-time fav indica is blue mystic. I grew it a couple of years ago and am now out of it. It’s on my list for the next grow.

I don’t think I’ve seen that one, where do you get it?

I got blue mystic from seedsman a couple of years ago.

1 Like

I was just looking there and it’s not available :frowning: bummer

Royal queen seeds looks like they have blue mystic.

1 Like

Thanks Mark!

Is there any others? How about Afghan or granddaddy purp? Are these worth trying?

1 Like

I’m fairly new (again, lol) to weed, but my favorite weed is plain ol’ Afghan. In smaller amounts, I’m functional and feeling great and relaxed, in higher amounts, it’s of course numbing and very couchlocky. Afghan also gives me a good mood boost without a risk of being (too) silly. I did get the giggles the other day when something weird/funny happened, but I wasn’t out of control with it.

2 Likes

Best bud ive grown so far out of all id gorilla glue from ilgm. Man that shiz was chronic as hell. Mk ultra was pretty good. Train wreck was good but had issues with them popping tails there r so man good linds out there i hear blue dream is really good too. I have blue dream also just never popped one yet. Just pitched 4 males so far so my room has some space. Just dropped 3 reg maui waui for my wife so if i trash anymire males ill do some more gg for sure and some blue dream. Its a hard decision for me i have so many seeds i wanna drop kust dont have enoigh room lol got like 20 diff kinds i wanna drop but only have room for 12 at a time and law says 12 so gotta follow the rules lol.

1 Like

If you live near a dispensary, see if they have those (or others) to try out. The Afghan I currently have is dispensary weed. I was able to snatch up some Afghan Autoflower seeds (I prefer autos for now) on ILGM last month when they had it available for about two days or so, lol. I’ll grow that in the fall when our weather will be cooler and drier, which I think is the better environment for those.

Others on this forum have grown GDP, and it seems to be fairly popular. I haven’t tried it, yet. Maybe someday. GDP Auto was going to be my other choice to grow, but like I mentioned, I happened to see the Afghan Autos here and grabbed some. ILGM has Afghan Fems, though.

1 Like

Afghan skunk- great producer for rosin

Agent orange - fantastic flavor and a good where am I going again stone

Chem dawg - fml

1 Like

I wish I had the room to grow all that I wanted lol. I’m still fairly née to the strains, never knew what I was smoking until I started growing my own. I don’t have a dispensary near me, otherwise I would take you up that offer.

1 Like

I get my Afghan seeds from RSC…

Super dank dope!
Here is the new lineup
Balkhi ( pure Afghan ) Tashkurghan ( Afghan) and Lebanese ( not far from Afghanistan)

All seed from RSC with 100 percent germination rate thus far. These a photo regulars and are classed as landrace.
The hashish from the Balkhi is outstanding! AAAAA

7 Likes

:yum: :relaxed: :yum: :relaxed:

And your outdoor growing setups and plants are gorgeous!

3 Likes

The hash is really tasty… peppery and hashy with a 1 toke punch in the face! Smooth smoke with moderate expando. Honestly, 3 good yanks and your down for the count with a bag of natchos.

4 Likes

Oh thanks! Its pretty easy to do to be honest.

2 Likes

That last pic is what @Cannabian ’s seeds look like :rofl:

3 Likes

I’m gonna have to look up RSC I don’t think I’ve been on that one. I’ve read about landrace strains and I do want to play around with them some. What would you say the high is like?

Landrace isnt what everyone thinks… its cultured plants grown in its original environment. In this case, these plants are grown for hashish production for many decades. There has been some selection and therefore they are more like domesticated wild plants, if that makes sense.
Wild plants in their natural habitat are feral and are considered ruderal. Most ruderal plants are not drug type.
The plants I have grown are very good quality. The buds are maybe not quite as dense as hybrid plants of today.

But I think that aids in trichome removal for hashish production? The smoke is very smoth and tastes nice in joint form. So much so that a friend of mine that swore he would never smoke outdoor again, bought a half pound and wanted more. I said nope because the material was destined for hashish and medicine.
As for the taste and effects… tastes spicy and hashy with some fuel. The high is pleasant and immediate and stacks on the more you smoke. It starts in the head between the eyes and moves into the body over time.
If you smoke too much you get locked :lock: all 3 balkhi were slightly different plants, but all made very consistent weed. Highly recommend balkhi. Unfortunately, I didnt get a male from the seeds I popped last year. I do have a male this year and also a lebanese male so … thats good news!
Here is a pic of some flowers

Here is a pic of fan leaf size

4 Likes

I’ve read about some of the landrace strains are great for hash, but I have gotten into that yet. Right now I’m more interested in breeding and strain development. Some of the reading I’ve done makes it out that having good genetics from a landrace is a good way to build a breeding program. This make some logical sense to me; but what do I know lol. Right now I’m diving into the deep end on indica so I can find the right body high for me.

On ILGM which is the only place I have bought seeds from so far has a few good one that I want to try. The indica mix pack for one. It looks as good as any to get me started but I really was hoping to find out what everyone else likes and why. Maybe I should have had the title worded differently.