Name this pest please!

A bit off topic, I’m a first timer who now has his girls into 7 gal grow bags and was wondering if you could share your watering schedule. I’m SF Bay Area with pretty mild temps and humidity most of the time. Not sure how much of a diff that would make, just trying to get a feel. Thank you!

My plants are all in 10 gal fabric pots, FFOF soil. I’m on the east coast, suburb of NYC/Philly, and were just starting to get into our hot stretch and I’ve been watering about a gallon every other day for the larger plants, less for the smaller once. However, were getting into the low 90’s now and varying humidity, I’ll probably start moving to watering anywhere from 1-2 gallons in the morning, depending on how the pla ts are doing. They get about 7ish hours of direct afternoon sunshine, so they tend to dry out much easier on the hot humid days

Thanks for the info. Upside for me with 5 plants in the 7gal size is that in the morning I can lift them up onto the patio table, sit down with my cup of coffee and give each one a thorough inspection.
Going down the road I can see this won’t be practical for much longer. The mister arrived today and a couple of organic bug eliminators are in the mail. Good luck with your pest control!

Thanks! I’ve used the Capt Jack’s dead bug and it has worked great so far!

Thanks for the feedback I’ll give it a try

A thrip is what I call it…

Japanese beetles ate my whole skunk plant buds n all…its a beetle

I have seen some beetles in the pool…guess it couldnt hurt to put up a bettle trap

1 Like

There are many types of cucumber beetles, and I think that’s what you have; might check and see what’s common in Pennsyltuckey.

Are you checking the underside of all leaves, even healthy ones?

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve been giving them all a good once over in the morning while watering or coffeeing

1 Like

Personally, my cucumber beetles are most active at night.

1 Like

Thanks! I’ll take a look tonight as well. They all looked great this morning when I was out there, no bug damage or WPM to remove, fingers crossed moving forward!

I want to thank you again for this info that you shared. It really helped me when I didn’t have any feel for what I was getting into. As you know, everything changes, but it gave me a good framework to reference for starting. I’m pretty comfortable now, thank you, and the girls seem pretty happy! Thanks again

2 Likes

Fantastic looking!:clap: :clap: :clap:

Stay vigilant during flower is the best advice I can give. I had several issues come up last year during the last half and was able to work through them with the help of this community!

Coming along very nicely :clap:t3:

1 Like