Name brand lights = No Name brands Lights

Tough crowd

3 Likes

I have 3 spaces and us mars hydro, mh/hps, and hlg. I say use what works. All will make some usable weed have to see where budget and desired results meet.

4 Likes

I started with a Budgetled light and an Alibaba Meiju light. Both 260w 280 chip boards. The Meiju seemed to be a bit brighter and has better dimming capabilities. Both lights worked great and have done 5-6 grows for me. I just recently got two HLG 260xl lights and I can say that the HLG lights are way stronger than the two previous lights. They don’t appear to be any brighter but I imagine the spectrum is different. Doing my first grow with these new lights I had them 30-32" from seedlings at 50% power and needed to turn them down to 30% due to too much light, the leaves were getting crisp tips and edges and a bit of yellowing between leaf veins. Brought the plants through veg at 50% power and now are at full power for flower. I can say that these xl boards run a bit cooler than the previous ones, I have the drivers outside my tent for both sets of lights. We’ll see how they produce buds so far looking pretty promising. Grow with what you can afford. On a budget these cheaper boards will get the job done. Good luck with the new illumination.

2 Likes

H I can handle rude no problem. I am of the Real Baby Boomer’s group. 65 years old with dionsaur skin have I ,thick it is,puncture not will you do.

2 Likes

Correct you are we wife & I have lost 5 plants in tent due to climate,light issues. Now I have restarted 3 beans in those cups.In a mix of HF and FFOF. 1 MENTOS 1 Skittle, 1 Purple Diesel. The Mentos girl popped up Dec 4th. The other two not yet.She got 1st paycheck. Told me get a bigger,better Light ,here’s your chance keep it under 200. Well I did. Now when it gets here all plants will be new together. The old plants had 9-10 inch tap roots with hairy roots . So I learned the watering and feeding is working.

2 Likes

Hey since we’re all in the budget lights topic -

I apparently need another light for my veg tent.

Let’s pretend I have $200 (mega pretend because I most certainly don’t but I’m gonna say I do)

Space is a 3x3. There’s one 100 watt VS1000 in there right now - it’s been fine for my land of clones but I’m getting the distinct impression my from-seed plants are going to need more from me than that.

Do I:
Grab another 240w KingBrite (~$170)
Grab a 200w Mini Diablo (~$200)
Grab a 200w BloomSpect (~$110)
None of the above/get something else at another recommendation

Bear in mind this space is exclusively for vegging. I have two other areas to flower so I don’t need the bells and whistles of far reds/uv/ir.

2 Likes

Well I am happy to help but I would not be the one to help pick a light. I am just comfortable with looking and researching what I thought we needed. Thanks

Led light must the best choice of growers!
And these are functions you can select from LED light: