N.Y. Outdoor. Super mix Autoflowers

Actually supercropping an auto is generally not advised. Many here balk at doing anything at all to an auto since they are so time sensitive.
The plant in the example, I had planned on letting grow natural but it shot up a bit too much so I S-C’d to keep the lights even for both plants in the tent.
Supercrop is usually a once and done deal. You bend it down, maybe tie it as well and then leave it to grow. It usually is done only to give the side branches a chance to “catch up” or when you are running out of vertical space. The risk of making the plant “hermie” is greater with this high stress method.

Did you super crop an auto or a photo?

Sounds good to me. Like I said this is purely for learning and seeing how the plant responds.
I feel like a kid at Christmas time this is exciting and fun at the same time!

Progress on white widow extreme, skywalker og. I dont know how to link stuff yet. I think its a secret maybe @dbrn32 will tell me how lol

1 Like

@Spiridly all of my super cropping was done on photoperiods not on my autos

Copy this then paste where you want it

Love u bb

1 Like

Thanks for the…'how to…':+1:

1 Like

I can definitely see why. I think you’d have to be a really confident grower with autos to try it.

1 Like

@Spiridly next season outdoor I will be using the rest of my mix pack or the majority and using 20 gallon smart pots for all of them and going to top and super crop them, my GG in the big pot is a monster for an autoflower and I think it has a lot to do with just a bigger root mass. Honestly most of the grows you will see on here for autos is indoors, there are definitely some outdoors as well but not in larger than a 10 gallon pot so next season will be another experiment with the autos to see just how well I can get them to grow, also I have one runt that was stunted and has came back but is way further behind on the other autos as far as flower so I’m thinking if I stress her out in veg she will stay in that state until she pulls through. Also I think I’m going to cross my Blueberry male with the GG auto which will produce photoperiod seeds so I can’t wait to get to making some seeds!!!

4 Likes

@ADK_Guerrila Good for you! Your plants are looking just great… they’re gonna be keeping you busy for a while. Good job you’ll get a break between harvesting the auto’s and the photos.
I can feel your excitement! Already thinking about next year! It’s all about getting the best grow you possibly can and then still try to out do yourself!
Next year I’m definitely going to plant some photos. I’ve go my eye on that sativa mix! Right now I’m waiting for some SD autos to arrive so I can start my final grow.
I know I plant my photos a little late, but for me untill it does become completely legal…size does matter🤭
My runt is still…trying .
Maybe I should have taken her out of her misery a while ago!

@HMGRWN @Dieselgrow1031 @Mark0427 @Luckyrider @Quickness48
Just want to say thanks to all of you who have helped me out over the last few weeks… I’m learning something new with each grow.
So here we go… 1st time topping and fim

So I topped this plant between the 7th and 8th node and I cut away the first 3 nodes.
This plant and also the one that I fim’d were transplanted and moved to bigger pots with a fresh soil mix.
They were also tied down to tomato cages. I figured if I was gonna stress them out… Get it over and done with and give the plant time to recover.
Unfortunately the pic of the topped plant didn’t come out. But here’s one with the plant tied down.

This plant was fim’d… before and after

And this is the plant tied down

As soon as these plants get a little bigger I will try to SC and see if there is a difference to LST. I figure there is about 7 more weeks of veg before the plants flip. So I hope I’m.not leaving it to late

My second grow is doing well.
My GG and GSCE are LST’d. The girls are almost 5 weeks and are just starting to pre flower.

I allowed my BB to get to week 3 before performing LST on the tomato cage.
The BB and GSC were LST’d after 10 days

She is not yet in pre flower…but she looks ready.
So I start my final grow next week putting together all I have I learned that best suits my outside grow.
For starters…like they say…if you can’t beat em, join em

Lobster compost, coast of Maine premium (came recommended with a :wink:) and a bag of FF.
I’m still going to put a plant in my own mix which I’m still trying to perfect.
As @Deez said …this sounds like the beginning of a joke… But I asked my friend of mine who raises chickens for a bag of chicken poop. He gives me a 30 gal container with at least 75lbs of the crap…!
The chicken poop won’t be ready until next spring…so already thinking ahead to next year…God help me!
I hear ya ADK!
It’s not just a hobby…it’s an obsession!

3 Likes

Get it bud looking good.

You won’t be sorry using COM you will need perlite I mix Stonington,lobster compost, worm castings and perlite and use there dry amendments trouble free grows

I agree. Hard to go wrong with a coast of Maine.

I have the COM premium blend. Do you still need to add perlite to that?
$ 32 a bag!

The picture is stoneington blend and there is no perlite in it so I add about 20 25 percent be interested what @Deez thinks

I’m always appreciate good advice and it looks like you know the brand. So perlite it is!

You have platinum blend. Aka Stonington blend. Same thing.

I use it Unmodified straight out of the bag and top dress a few times throughout the grow. Pearlite won’t hurt it. It will lighten it up, stretch it a little to fill more space, make it hold a bit less water, and shorten the amount of time you’ll have before you need to supplement with additional nutrition.

2 Likes

IT says on the bag there’s perlite in it but there pretty dam stingy with it COM are you listening 34 bucks a bag throw in some extra perlite

1 Like

Do you add anything to FFHF?