N.Y. Outdoor. Super mix Autoflowers

Yep, not the same.

It would but it’s not a complete fertilizer (lacking in micros) and Jacks recommends using it for 2 weeks at start of flowering to boost P & K levels and then going back to the Jacks 321 for rest of flowering.

1 Like

When growing outdoors and the soil doesn’t get a chance to completely dry out coz of rain, do you still feed your plants liquid nutes. My plants are due but because of rain haven’t feed them

Thanks for the feedback. I purchased the Jacks 10 30 20 and Jacks 20 20 20. This is my first grow and I was following the ILGM grow bible, starting with 20 20 20 at veg and switching to 10 30 20 at flowering, (as per grow bible).
I don’t have Jacks 3 2 1. Is there anything you can recommend to help improve the bud growth.

I have never used great white or Mykos, but I did add some rock phosphate (granulated), which according to package ‘Helps build strong root growth,’ …we shall see.
@Mark0427 this is her after 2 days. She seems to be doing OK. Lefts hope she doesn’t take 5 months to complete.

1 Like

Depends how qell the soil drainage is. Hopefully its good. I usually go up and feed them whenever. As long as the ground isn’t flooded. Its in the ground it will absorb the nutes

@Spiridly looking healthy !!! Best of luck to you, more rain coming, this is why I love fabric pots :joy:

1 Like

You can get a 4 pound sample of Jacks 321 on ebay for pretty cheap, I’d recommend doing so and using it after a couple weeks of the 10-30-20 after switching to flowering.

1 Like

@ADK_Guerrila your plants are looking really healthy…great job!!
I haven’t given my plants any water going on 3 weeks now coz of the rain. Even during these heat waves the pots haven’t entirely dried out.
I’m still giving them nutes but I think the rain keeps flushing it all out!
Next year I’m definitely going with photos, I think autos need constant everything…light, heat, humidity. The NY Outdoor climate is all over the place.
It’s not that my auto aren’t growing, it’s just the fact that the growing buds seem thin.
As Annie Lennox and the Eurythmics sang…“Here comes the rain again!”
4 days of it!

1 Like

@Hellraiser thanks once again for the help. I think ILGM need to add a New Testament to the grow bible! Lol.
Just ordered the jacks 321… It makes 300 gallons! For me I’m set for life! just hope it doesn’t have an expiration date.
Patiently waiting for your first ‘outdoor’ grow journal! If it ever becomes legal in your state!

1 Like

@ADK_Guerrila @Dieselgrow1031 @Mark0427 @Quickness48 @HMGRWN @Luckyrider
So going with baseball… My first grow was a hit, and I ‘just’ made it to first!
From 3 seeds only the BB and the GG took and the GG is a runt

So the second grow is underway. The plants are 28 days old and do look better than the first attempt.

The two plants in front GSC and GG have been LST’d at 45 degrees. It makes it so much easier to tuck leaves under. The BB will be trained on the tomato cage.

I’m at least looking to get to 3rd with this grow. I have started using jacks 321 so I hope it improves the growth.
My final grow is set for 2 weeks from now and I am looking for a home run!

In the meantime I want to learn a few things because I’m thinking of buying some good photo seeds next year and @Hellraiser has me loosing sleep because of the up side down Christmas tree!
I have 6 regular photos growing, they are 4 weeks old and I want to play and learn. If they are girls that would be great but if they turn out male hopefully I would have learned something along the way.

I don’t want the plants to grow to tall and they have just popped the 8th node.
I want to top one and fim the other. How many cola’s do you get when you fim? When is the best time to do this?
I will be transplanting them to larger containers with a tomato cage for support, but the pots are getting to heavy to keep moving around!
Any ideas or other methods of making a grow better would be appreciated for the other 4 regulars that I have.
Can you top and then fim?

6 Likes

Photos are great to practice your art on. Topping, Fim’ing, supercropping, LST…all are best done during veg and photos will veg as long as the light holds. Therefore you can do any or all the methods on a single plant just watch for signs of stress and let them recover between.

3 Likes

They are all looking good to me! I’m liking how the buds are stacking up on the top photo! I did the tomato cages for all the garden girls. I’m not sure how much it helps but I figure the extra support might help as they approach harvest size. Their stems are certainly thick and strong enough to deal with any rain and wind. I’ll be interested in how your lst works out, they seem to have a very good start.

@ADK_Guerrila if I remember correctly I think I saw a pic of one of your plants that was super cropped and @HMGRWN suggested that I try super cropping on one of my reg photos.
The plants are about 5 weeks and on their 8th node.
If I understand correctly, I have to bend the stalk completely over. At which node should I do this

1 Like

@Spiridly to be completely honest I didn’t pay attention to the nodes when super cropping I would just go about halfway or slightly above and you need to gently squeeze all around the stalk where it will be bent until soft and squishy and then assist it down it’s not that you are bending it just making the stalk malleable and then letting her flop down, also to take into consideration is after it’s down and starts to come back I used a piece of wire to hold down so it allowed for the other growth to catch up, if not like with mine it came back super quick and almost went completely back to normal without using something to hold down, post pics of plant

@Spiridly dont just try and bend the plant you will break the stalk

1 Like

Take a look on my journal bud. I just tied down my outsides

Would love to. What’s the title?

Strawberry cheesecake current grow. This is my suprecrop example.

There was about 1+1/2 inches between nodes where I “pinched” her. You can see the wire tying it down so it can’t straighten back out too much.

2 Likes

That picture is the perfect example…I wasn’t to sure as to how super cropping worked … or what it did. Like they say a picture is worth a thousand words.
So as the plant grows you just kept adjusting the top that’s tied down.
Is this method used mainly for autos?