N. Lights Fem, G-14 classified

You can also get those big 55 gallon buckets if you go to the car wash ask him for one of their soap bucket normally that would give them to you sometimes I’ll charge you 10 bucks you just have to wash the shit out of them soap

1 Like

I’ll get a picture up here soon enough, the girl is popped and growing fine so far. She just pushed her first set of leaves. The very tip of the leaves are a little brown. Using ffof and in a solo cup. No nutes as it has just started. My thoughts are that the bucket it’s in with cfl so it gets around 85 degrees and I left the lights on for the first 48 hours and I turned them thinking maybe the heat was starting to get to her. I know you guys want pics I’ll put them up later. @ktreez420 @ usmcjojo @Hogmaster

1 Like

@Usmcjojo what do you think, heat stress?

With out pics it’s hard to say but it could be nute burn ffof has a rep for it I start my seed in a milder soil that still has nitrogen in it. Ffof has a lot of stuff in it for seedlings. But it should bounce back. Also what is your pH it could also be over watering seedlings should just be misted like 3 or 4 times a day with a couple of squirts.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s a very small amount on the tips, my RO is 6.2 currently, using water @6.5 to water. I’ve only watered it twice in one week, as it is very humid here and the soil has been moist until this morning, using a suction ball to gently drop water around the girl.

1 Like

Could be over watering but really need pics to tell you might not have good circulation in your setup combined with high humidity and it’s keeping your soil to damp. Seedlings don’t need very much water at all let it dry out some and mist the plants with a spray bottle after that you really don’t want to give it more than that until it’s got at least 4 or 5 nodes.

1 Like

I see big buckets on Craigslist Sometimes

1 Like

z

@ktreez420 @Usmcjojo @Hogmaster
What ya fellas think? Prob just heat stress, I had the cfls pushing for 48 hrs straight, and it was over 80 in the bucket for those two days before I turned the lights out for 6 hours

Lookslike nute burn it should be fine and recover heat stress the leaves would roll up at the edges like a taco.

2 Likes

Look fine to me. 80’s good. I ran an auto NL in the 90’s for a while turned out dy
no
Mite!!:boom::fire::boom:

1 Like

Once in a while they just come up like that I’ve had the odd one here & there, usually they’re a little slow at first but they get right up and they turn into fine plants, not saying that’s what it is cuz I don’t know everything about yours, looks a little wet but I’m not sure

I’ve never had a problem and I start all my seeds in ffof …well, I start them in 50/50 perlite vermiculite in very small Cubes but then I transplant them into ffof as soon as they’re a couple inches tall

1 Like

That’s what I did kinda. I didn’t want to shock the auto so I started in final pot (jury is out on that topic) filled 3 gal smart pot with ocean forest and dug out a hole and filled with seed starter(pretty much vermiculite) then put popped seed in the starter. So the sprout gets the starter and grows into the ocean forest. I cut the OF with coir to chill it out a bit and everybody’s gotta mess with recipes anyway right? lol worked great - didn’t really pay too much attention to it and out popped two ounces of diggety shmiggety. Of dankasaurus Rex. Of …

1 Like

I just used an eye dropper on it with some small amount of water and then took the pic. It already looks better upon taking these pics then when I noticed it yesterday. I don’t feel worried about it just curious what it might be, this is all a learning curve and fully expect the worst lol

Still need to see it. You can explain it till you’re blue in the face but a picture is worth 1000 words

1 Like

If the top picture is are most recent I say look good let your cups soil dry up some you want to make sure not to overwater on mine I’m on the third day without watering and still won’t have to water till tomorrow It’s crazy how pH could do things like that heat of the lights can do things like that you don’t need any nutrients so that shouldn’t be an issue I would get those CFL’s on the timer and do 18 on 6 off

1 Like

No don’t sweat it they come up like that once in a while, I bet the new leaves and looking fine !

1 Like

Yeah I’m not too concerned because the inside of the girl is a very healthy green, I have heard peeps run 24 hours light but I don’t think mine likes it.

Gonna install timer and make the final adjustments to the grow medium so that it doesn’t need anymore modifications. Finally got a fan and now just need to get everything situated and it’ll be sit back and wait

Sweet, good to know