Myth Budsters! šŸ¤˜

Dude have you spoke with me yet? This is obviously true lol

5 Likes

Most definetly this. Always knew it was homegrown back in the day because of this.

5 Likes

Any younger growers here should watch reefer madness. One of the absolute worst Cannabis propaganda pieces from the time when they were trying to demonize the plant. Prohibition failed and they went after pot.

9 Likes

24-48hrs darkness pre chop

3 Likes

Flushing just cuz??

3 Likes

Dope peddlers!

9 Likes

Lol that looks like a male plant in the pic too

5 Likes

Correct, like @MidwestGuy explained. Outside of needing darkness to flower you could veg cannabis indefinitely on 24 hours light without issue. There are very limited applications where it makes sense to do this, but works fine if need be.

6 Likes

I agree on the veg part. Ive vegged my photos in 24/7 light several times with no issues. It was the later i was referring too. Ive also been under the impression that plants do need rest to be able to fully utilize the energy from the day.

3 Likes

Heres something thats not a myth. Anyone who says marijauna cigarette is a cop. Lol

7 Likes

This is what I found when I first encountered the ā€œdo not need darknessā€ statement. Photosynthesis happens during the day, and the metabolization of the energy produced during photosynth happens when the lights go off.

So even tho they are C3, I still think it is very important to give our girls the dark period to metabolize.

3 Likes

I agree with this wholeheartedly. :star_struck::metal:

And google said im wrong!

3 Likes

Here is the article I found among others. One of them is so sciency, I cannot even digest it. This is a good one though.
www cannaconnection com/blog/18718-importance-of-darkness-for-plants

There is also some stuff cited by the writer that is Bro Science but he clarifys these statements with Nobody really knows yet, or research has not proven this etcā€¦blah blah, ad infintum.

edited to break hyperlink due to links to seed banks within

1 Like

A pic is worth a mess-o-words.
A repop poster in my grow room.

8 Likes

Oh here is another goodie created by the DEA after they were enacted and the CDS was released with Cannabis as the worst ā€œdrugā€ on the chart. Class I scheduled ā€œdrugsā€ have NO medical value and have a high risk of abuse. We all know this is completely false and a fabrication by the MAN. Check out the Class I Schedule from the DEAā€™s website

Schedule I Controlled Substances

Substances in this schedule have no currently accepted medical use in the United States, a lack of accepted safety for use under medical supervision, and a high potential for abuse.

Some examples of substances listed in Schedule I are: heroin, lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), marijuana (cannabis), peyote, methaqualone, and 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (ā€œEcstasyā€).

Cannabis isnā€™t a drug, it is a plant. Are tomatoes drugs?

3 Likes

Always used " god made grass, man made booze, who would you trust?" As my barometer on drugs. Shrooms and cannabis are my morale compass.

Never known anyone to overdose on smoking pot, edibles which are man made is another thing. Catch my drift.

6 Likes

When I was in high school the government was peddling an itā€™s the ā€˜killer weedā€™ campaign and everyone pretty much believed it, even people smoking it. I believed it. Actually still do because ā€˜killer weedā€™ has taken on a whole new meaning.

3 Likes

Lol @Dr-Atomic. I remember when i was in 5th grade first day at a new school and D.A.R.E was a thing. I came in the day that names were being drawn to be part of the D.A.R.E. Float at the Santa Clause Parade and mine was drawn. Everyone was pissed because i got it and i just kind of giggled. My mom sold weed my entire life growing up and i had a different insight than most kids when it came to D.A.R.E.

Later in life she told me that she was actually watching me on the float with a QP in her purse waiting to serve a friend.

6 Likes

You know it is good weed if it has seeds.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a good one I havenā€™t heard.

One of my other favorites is ā€œbud sites need light.ā€ They donā€™t. Flower calyxes are only 5% as efficient as leaves at conducting photosynthesis. The plant will manufacture the sugars needed via photosynthesis and transport those sugars where they are needed in the plant via the stem system.

8 Likes