Myth Budsters! šŸ¤˜

So what are some of the dumbest myths you remember hearing about weed or things you thought were true about it before you started growing.

One of the main things i remember hearing is that male plants have 5 finger leaves and females have 7 or more. This screwed up a couple early grows for me as a teen.

11 Likes

Years ago when i did my 1st grow. I had a sun circle on the ceiling with a MH and a HPS. Was told it replicated the sunā€¦

4 Likes

Plants need rest

9 Likes

That stressing plants out causes it to hermie.

9 Likes

There was supposed to be some bad effect from smoking weed but I canā€™t remember what it was.

14 Likes

Smoking weed stunts your growth :grin:

5 Likes

Autos are easier to grow

About 70% of the time: the words following ā€œThe guy in the hydro shop told meā€¦ā€

6 Likes

Crazy how they push those on 1st timers

3 Likes

A marketing gimmick that got out of control

4 Likes

This is a good one! I think itā€™s roots originated from not needing a light tight grow space when things work as they should. From there, seems like it was ā€œfound on the internet so it has to be trueā€.

Is anyone going to pick on my larger roots for larger fruits fam? :rofl:

8 Likes

Weed causes men to grow boobies :rofl:

6 Likes

that weed is the gateway drug

11 Likes

Oh yeah, makes ya sterile :joy::rofl::joy::rofl: I beg to differ. 30+ yrs smoking and I got a beautiful new lil one :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I think she mineā€¦lol I kid I kid, poor thing spittin image of daddy

6 Likes

Thereā€™s actually a shred of truth in this (but not much.) Cannabinoids do potentiate estrogen in both men and women, but they key is that you have to have high estrogen levels to begin with. The only way I am aware that males can have high estrogen is if they are taking steroids that are aromatizing into estrogen (testosterone cypionate does this) or have other endocrine problems. In that case the development of breast tissue is inevitable anyway at some point down the road.

So, weed does stimulate estrogen, but it doesnā€™t really matter a whole lot.

4 Likes

So youre saying they dont? Or that lack of darkness has little to no effect on a plant?

3 Likes

I also used to think you could sex a seed by its stripes or lack thereof

1 Like

Correct. Cannabis is a C3 plant that does not need a dark period to complete all of its biological functions to be healthy and productive.

5 Likes

That homegrown weed always smells like fresh cut grass.
Might have been a local idea around my hometown but we apparently had no patience for curing :laughing:

4 Likes

Weed kills brain cells and makes you stupid

7 Likes

I dont get it :crazy_face:

4 Likes