Mystery Web/Fuzz on my Harvested Kola

Hi Folks! I harvested my ILGM OG Kush Auto a week ago. I trimmed, gave it a wash in H2O + H2O2, and hung it up to dry. Last night, I noticed a weird fuzz or webbing on about half of the main kola. The rest of the buds look fine.

I’ve chopped that off and segregated it. Do any of you have opinions as to what this might be, and what if anything I should do with it? I kinda thought it looked more like a web than mold fuzz and considered sticking it in a back in a freezer for a day, but I’m still not sure if this would be salvageable.

Thanks! Stay safe!

WonkaMan

2 Likes

@WonkaMan. Sorry brother. That’s mold or fungus.
I wouldn’t consume that.
How was the air flow and humidity where it was hung ?

3 Likes

yeah sorry brother… as @Oldguy said… :unamused:

2 Likes

Thanks @Oldguy. It was hung in a bathroom and there was an exhaust fan running, but I was away on vacation (came home to harvest and returned to vacation) so I couldn’t keep a humidifier running… and didn’t keep a fan on the buds. If it’s mold, I’ll definitely toss it. The infected buds weight 0.6 oz, and most seem fine (the kola was denser)… and much more in jars, with more on the way. So I’m not desperate.

3 Likes

Thanks @kettle. Much appreciated!

2 Likes

Hey @WonkaMan, sorry to see that your harvest had some mold or spider mites…that is a big fat bummer.

I hope that you are doing OK these days. I have been mostly away from the forum for some months but I just started a new grow and getting back into the swing of things.