Mystery Seed Grow

Hello

Thanks to @dbrn32 I am starting my first journal on my first proper grow.

I got a bag of mystery seeds off a bloke so no idea what they are. I don’t have much $$$ so I want to practice with freebies first then I plan to get some Girl Scout Cookies Extreme or good ol fashion White Widow (had that in the Nederlands once).

Ok so I started with Jiffy Pellets planted on the 26th of March which are great to get them going, however, I took too long to get them under lights and one of them started reaching for the skies. The downside of the pellets is the material around them is fiddly to get off and I damaged a few roots while transferring them to pots. I literally was saying “no no no aaaah bugger”. Not a good feeling so I won’t be doing that again.

Ok so I put them in pots with coco professional plus in it. One of them started to lean:

Tomato.PNG

I put a destop mini fan next to them to help strengthen the stems. This morning she is looking much happier and doesn’t seem to be affected by the minor root damage. They are looking really pretty.

I stuck in one of those digital clocks that show humidity and temperature. We are sitting at 26c or 78.F.

The Humidity is at 60% which is ok but I would like it a little higher.

The lights are now 2.5 inces above the leaves @Chu666cky @Oldguy

I still have to buy a PH meter and then research how to feed when using coco professional plus.

I 100% appreciate any advice received.

7 Likes

The light in the picture is a Starlight T5 Fluoro Pre-fitted with 2 x 55W T-5 lamps (6400K – Daylight).

I have a 600w HPS for the next stage with both bulb varities. I have a ultra dark room that zero light can get in. I might put a lot of reflective foil up as I can’t afford a tent. The tent in the picture is actually for clothes (orginally).

2 Likes

I soak those peat pucks, then take the mesh off, then lightly pack the peat in these lil seed starter trays. Seem to work for me but a lil time consuming.

2 Likes

There are many cheap reflective materials for you out there. Dont use tinfoil ive read its bad. You need a mylar option or jus white paint. i use reflective underpadding for hardwood flooring.

3 Likes

Aaaah what a great idea. Someone told me just to whack the seeds in a big pot straight away and then you don’t have to risk the transfer. Seems to make sense.

1 Like

Ive popped seeds and kept clones alive so far in them. they turn into lil rapid rooters if u ask me.

1 Like

@Chu666cky Yes I read that tinfoil is pretty bad. I will pop into my local hydro shop and see what have got.

1 Like

Nah your better off at a big hardware store. like home depo. or go to a hardwood flooring installer they have it cheap and mabe scraps for free. Ive heard mylar based or Bright white paint is best.

1 Like

Hmm it is a bit trickier to get here. I will do a goole search and see what is about.

2 Likes

I’ve heard a good cheap option is emergency blankets. In the US you can pick em up for a few dollars

3 Likes

My buddy used these for years :+1: :v:

2 Likes

4 Likes

Funny you mention that, I saw them for cheap online and wondered if they would work.

Thanks for the heads up.

4 Likes

Thanks for tag, I’ll follow along.

4 Likes

I’m on board, Good Luck and Happy Growing.

5 Likes

its doesn’t look nice…

Can you please elaborate?

1 Like

Ok overnight she finally stood upright again.

Her leves are pointing up, is that ok?

3 Likes

Again im a rookie but ive been told thats a good thing.

1 Like

Ok great. She looks happy.

1 Like