My very first MJ grow!

It kinda looks to me like you’re paying for all the little extra’s in the kit. I’m pretty happy with my $20 pen and a container of calibration solution :slight_smile:

@bob31: thank you and I will be waiting to water. Lol. Also, I forgot to mention it but you hit the nail on the head I’m definitely the definition of noob on a budget for now. Lol. And thank you @AmnesiaHaze for bringing up that point about cheap meters possibly not lasting as long as that will be something for me to consider moving forward since I’m starting not just doing this once. Lol. Will definitely have future grows. @garrigan62: I have a silly question, what are the signs/how do you know when they start vegg? Also, what would be/how can I find the steps to employ the method that you suggested where I wouldn’t need nutes n just water every third day? Thanks again to all for your help so far and all future help. I’m so glad I’ve found this wonderful community to become a part of and I hope that I can learn and help others who start this journey.

1 Like

@robnewgrower33

First let me say thank you for that nice write up Rob

Your vegg will start when they have their 5 or6th true sets of leaves and you start them on nutrients then.

oh wait i think that was using soil that i make, if you are going to do it the way i do than ya but let me know what methoid you plan on using cause i don’t want to miss in form you ok

Will

1 Like

Thank you and was thinking of doing it like u said where u make ur own but I don’t know what would be easiest or most budget friendly way to go

@bob31

Nope… I’m sorry to say that Nestle water is in fact NOT glacier water.
They steal that junk out of Michigan!!!
And, yea, they steal it!!!

http://www.google.com/amp/www.mlive.com/articles/19870017/why_nestle_pays_next_to_nothin.amp?client=ms-android-americamovil-us

1 Like

My way is. I’m sorry if i’m giving you this link again but can’t remember if i gave yu this, but any way i grew these two White Widow clones using only my soil they only recived bud inhancers last 3 weeks of flower. Check them out ok

1 Like

Okay @garrigan62 I will definitely check it out tonight wen I get home. Thanks again

Ok waiting your reply

Will

Sorry it took me so long to get off work, get home and find time to sit here and write but I did it. Lol. So, @garrigan62 thank you so much and I think I will try my hand at mixing some soil like you suggested. It seems easier and safer for my plants for now instead of trying to mix nutes this first time and could burn or kill my babies. Lol

Hey @robnewgrower33
Just saw this and thought you might like to see some other ideas on soil
I have a thread called soil recipe for MJ
@garrigan62 has posted a few recipes as well as a few other people might be useful?
Happy growing brother :v:CB

@Countryboyjvd1971 thank u. I actually stumbled on that one last night on accident when I was looking around on here. Lol. Thanks though because that is a very good and interesting thread.

1 Like

Now I’ve been wondering, since these are essentially mystery MJ seeds that I’ve collected from my bud through the years will there be any way to identify what strain it is or not really? Sorry if that’s a dumb question. Lol.

Not really,you might recognized the taste or high,something like that, but still as far as knowing which is which,faaagetaboutit

@Nug-bug that’s what I figured but wasn’t sure as I am a noob. Lol

Hey no worries, no dumb question in my opinion! I myself am a newb and I dropped 8 bag seed twould nights back so ,I’m hoping for some decent.
Figured I’d do a run with cheap seeds be4 I bought some,anyway good luck and…
Keep it growing​:deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree::deciduous_tree:

Thanks man and I’m doing all I can to keep my girls alive. Lol. It’s not as easy as the name implies but not as complicated as I thought it might be and super fun to watch it grow since it moves so much! Lol

1 Like

So, I was tired of seeing three girls crowding one tiny peat pot. Was also thinking that they all might like a lil more room to stretch their roots. So, we did a little moving around before the crowding became an issue as I’m sure like with other plants eventually it would have. This is the new arrangement:

These are the girls in back. (My shorties lol)

Here’s their close-ups

These are the girls in front (stretched :frowning: )

Here’s their close-ups

1 Like

I think you might need to back your lights up a little bit bud looks like your cooking the girls in a few of those pics :thinking:

1 Like

Sorry if I missed it but did you ever get a PH meter?

@Countryboyjvd1971 I’m pretty sure it was the other lights I had before that did the damage unfortunately. I have them so close to these tho in hopes they don’t keep stretching since these are more powerful lights. I also read you want them as close to the light as you can before the light is hot, but these LED bulbs don’t get hot. After being on for 18+hrs right before they turn off they are still cool enough for me to take my bare hand and hold it while it’s on and it doesn’t heat up my hand my reptile thermometer says it’s 78°F at the hottest time where the leaves are under the light about 1/4"-1/2" from bulb.
@Matthew420 no, unfortunately I have not. Should be able to have on in my lil hands by Friday. That was my next purchase since it is pretty important from what I understand. Friday’s payday so I’ve been getting together my budget and making a shopping list for my lil girls. Lol

1 Like