My very first grow.. need ton of advice!

IMG_0293

1 Like

Personally I’d hold off. Let it get a little more size.

1 Like

They seem so squatty… @Bulldognuts would you suggest trying to stretch them… keep in mind this is the very first time I have ever tried to grow and im doing it for my wifes medicine… not at all familiar with how a plant should look at 20 days…

They do look a little squatty. Judging by the pic you posted it doesn’t look like your lights are to close. Like you pointed out they are not very mature yet. At this point those fan leaves are needed for growth. As far as there size could be genetics. My current grow I have one girl that refuses to grow. Six other plants growing like crazy, the stubborn one looks like a bonsai tree. But definitely won’t hurt to give it a little more time.

1 Like

I wanted to add that they mature you can selectively remove fan leaves that block lower growth. I just believe it is a little early for that.

1 Like

We planted six plants the two super silver are doing well the two goldleaf are leaning over and don’t look like they are getting any bigger only one of the purple haze is left and I’m we are trying to prop it up with toothpicks we are watering with the sprayer we have them under new purple growing lightWe have them on a timer of light 16 hours a day

1 Like

@MidwestGuy @BobbyDigital @Missiles @dbrn32 @Bulldognuts @ThcinKC @Mote @Otis Hello again all… I know its been a while however I would love some advice and opinions on training… I think the ladies are looking good, but they are looking very shaggy. Just wanting to know about how everyone feels about tie backs and such. Topped the white widows a couple days ago and they are about 20 -24 days from sprout. The misc ones are probablyh 30 days in. I topped and now there is a explosion of growth under the canopy!!! What do I do!!! lol seriously the older ones seem out of control, and I want to be prepared for the widows and the bubblegum. Trim? Tie back? Do nothing at all. Watched many youtube vids and most of those seem more stretched than my ladies or they must have done some trimming… I will post pics right after this post. Please look them over and let me know what you think. Again I appreciate all the invaluable advice and even the criticism! Just trying to get it right!!!
Happy Growing Ya’ll!

Have pictures?

2 Likes

Here is my ladies collectively, the two farthest back are the oldest at about 30 days, the two in the middle are about 20 days and the small one in the front is about 18 days old

1 Like

This lady is the oldest she is the top left this is the under growth

This is the top right lady undergrowth

This is top right above pic

T

This is one of the widows undergrowth, and they are about the same size and undergrowth wise…

White widow top pic… the two in the middle

Trying to watch alot of youtube vids and everything I watch look so much different than mine… They all are bare on bottom and have selective shoots… Am I doing this wrong?

How big is your grow space? I see 5 plants, if you get too wild you could potentially run out room quickly. Based on the stocky build they already have I dont think I would top them. Seems like it would be more beneficial to open plants up a little.

You could maybe back off your light intensity a little to try encouraging some stretch too.

3 Likes

So My length is 8 ft and the width is 4 ft and my height is 8 ft

Also the two oldest ones are misc seeds so im not sure if they will be females… so I truly thought maybe four at most would make it to flower

1 Like

I agree @nobo77 you should try some LST and open them up. And on some if you want to trim these underneath to give her breathing room under there it would help some. The ones circled are what I would take. They won’t amount to anything

4 Likes

They seem to have gotten so stocky after I topped them :woozy_face:

1 Like