My very first grow.. need ton of advice!

Hi nobo, not familiar w your lights but those are big powerful lights. My personal opinion is they are too close (at that output) & too much juice.
You only need 1 of those light for the 4 plants you’re showing above, save yourself some money in the meantime.
Once they get bigger you can go ahead & fire up the second one but for now the 2000 should more than suffice.
Also and more importantly, you might want to back off on the juice, to 50% tops (maybe less), keep the fixtures at the same height you got em now but back off electric.

Lets see if we can get the Lighting Maestro, Mr. @dbrn32 to take a look at your set up and let us know what he advises. :wink:

Oh, Dont top just yet, hold off for a bit till we hear back from dbnr32.

3 Likes

I appreciate it so much @Mote … any advise they could give me would be much appreciated! I will just go ahead and move all 5 under the 4000… it says it will veg a 5x5 . The 4000 was bought initially to be my flower light… I am trying to work myself towards a perpetual grow so I have several lights right now. Thank you so much for the advise! These lights require me to take the ballast off to adjust the dimmer and I have to use a meter to dial in… kind of a pain in the ass.

2 Likes

You can raise the lights or dim them more.

3 Likes

I put all five under the spider farmer 4000 and raised to 24 in… The leaves on the bubble gum did show 1 or 2 spots… It was a transplant into a 3 gal fabric pot and seemed thirsty so I did give her a drink of 6.3 ph water. The temp is now at 77degrees and 72% humidity.I will let you all know how it goes thank you @dbrn32 and @Mote !

Happy growing y’all!!

2 Likes

Yeah ya know what - get that exhaust hooked back up and your temp and humidity numbers are fine I think. :grin::sunglasses:

1 Like

I remember you wondering about lights the Mars Hydro I suggested is easy to access the dimmer on top of ballast via screwdriver in hole. :grin:

Im sure the lights are not to blame… Im quite positive its just me being a noob… Its a wonderful thing that I found such a supportive knowledgeable group of ppl! Im sure I will get a handle on it with the support I have. Thanks!
Happy Growing ya’ll

1 Like

AAAAnyway… again my two misc are quite short with tons of growth under the canopy, about 5 nodes… 2nd week of veg give or take. when would one start training, via fim or topping??

Fimming or topping is likely going to continue putting a lot of emphasis on lower canopy. If you back lights off you should start to see a little more vertical growth. They really don’t like to grow up too much under high light intensity.

1 Like

Good Morning db, & thank you for chiming in and for all your advice in general, thank you :+1: :v:

There you have it @nobo77, ease up on them wee girls. Dont rush the grow :wink:

2 Likes

Hi all, a few new pics of the ladies.Uploading: IMG_0279(1).jpg… IMG_0278 IMG_0274(1)Uploading: IMG_0271002.jpg…

IMG_0279
just a few… I have just been running all 5 under the light at 24 in and I have given the older girls one feeding of big bloom all the rest watering with 6.5 ph water every couple of days

Happy growing Y’all!

2 Likes

IMG_0277

2 Likes

I did the math yesterday with the pics from the begining and have it at the older ladies at 22 days and the white widows at 12 days old and bubblegum at 10. Started the 18/6 light schedule 5 days ago

They seem pretty darn good, how do they look to you?
Also, and I know you were taking pics but where is your RH usually at, showing 47 in the pic?
Veg state you want that at least over 50, preferably 55+ :wink:

1 Like

They seem good to me! :grinning: It is usually around 65 % RH. I try to go in once a day to sweep and just check everything out. So I generally have the door open for 30 min or so everyday and photos always come after the work is done lol

I am probably going to top the older girls this afternoon. Any opinions on that? Im not sure about training with these pots… They just seem small to me as far as tying back with them. @MidwestGuy @Nicky @Otis @Missiles @Mote @BobbyDigital

Why are you feeding big bloom?

It is what the ff scheduling for the trio calls for in 2nd week of veg… I thought

Your in soil? And how old are they?

Yep ff happy frog and the ladies I fed are at 22 days

1 Like