My very first grow.. need ton of advice!

You won’t have to feed for at least a month when using FF Happy Frog. So that will mean no feeding until ~4 weeks after your last transplant. Seedlings are self-sustaining and don’t need nutes at all.

The hours you keep you lights on are a matter of personal taste. I always keep my seedlings under light 24 hours a day. It helps keep the little buggers from getting too tall. I like to keep as much of the main stem in the dirt as I can.

1 Like

7 Likes

Very nice!

1 Like

Thanks still working on it day to day :grinning:

Welcome to ILGM and good luck with your grow :grin:

1 Like

@ThcinKC mentioned a few supplements. I agree and I would add a silica product, which helps strengthen stalks/stems. Seed sprout tea works really well for building a plant with a strong base too.

Be careful with humic acid and bactillus microbes (they are often packaged together.) They increase nutrient uptake and I had a personal experience where I had to flush my girls after adding them because I started seeing symptoms of nute burn due to the increased uptake. They are good products. You just have to be careful with them.

1 Like

Thank you @Missiles! I was planning on going pretty light on the supplements on this first grow anyway, I have a PH meter on the way as well. I actually did buy the same one you mentioned @ThcinKC it had great reviews.

2 Likes

GranularFewArrowcrab-size_restricted

1 Like

To dim the lights, you’ll have two holes on the underside of the driver. Should be labeled “v” and “i”. Take the cover off the “i” and use a small screw driver to adjust.

I would also remove your filter until it’s needed. No need to waste the life of the filter by running it when it’s not doing anything.

Edit: found a vid for you. Kind of a weird setup on that driver because you have to remove it to adjust it. @nobo77

1 Like

Just wondering what confirm dims means? :woozy_face: lol really want to do it right the first time and get better. Should I be concerned with the lights right out of the box, or are they plug and play?

1 Like

The info that came with the lights just tells me height I should run them for different states of growth, should they be dimmer for germ,veg and flower? The filter and vent fan have been helping me keep the temp and humidity where i want it… suppose i could do the same without the filter attached, kinda a cold dry space im working with. Still getting my legs with the setup. I have already germed and planted a few misc seeds, was very excited to get something growing…lol

1 Like

I start my seeds under a 19w LED. After a week or two I introduce them to my quantum boards dimmed down to 50 watts. I then increase the lights about 10 watts a week

2 Likes

Thanks Bobby! The video helps alot!

When you talk about leaves are you talking about seedling leaves or true leaves? Seedling leaves warehouse nutrients so you don’t need to feed till they are mostly dead.

1 Like

Sorry man, just the way I talk in my field, simply means Dimensions, which you already confirmed. :wink:
As for the light, not very knowledgeable w all the different types.
Looks like @BobbyDigital 's got you covered. :v:

1 Like

I love the white widow in that mix pack the bubblegum turns a nice purple as well trying the ak47 this time around

1 Like

Just got to open my package from ILGM!! Super excited, decided to go with 2 White Widow and 2 Gold Leaf. Just dropped them in the water :smile:

5 Likes

Sweet! Good luck :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

1 Like

Just shelled out the cash for a second set of lights for my grow, hoping its enough for my four girls to come!! Went with another SF-2000 model, hoping it gets me through veg. Will pick up another for 4 plants flower if i have to.

2 Likes