My very first grow.. need ton of advice!

That chart is very miss leading they use a different scale of TDS meter.
This is the converted chart

The FF soil feed schedule is VERY aggressive.

1 Like

I did a half dose of it, I have heard the same thing on here… Just thought it might not hurt. The older girls are kind of the experimental plants from random seeds I planted before putting the feminized seeds in soil. Thanks for the advice!

3 Likes

I usually half dose it too, but never before the original soil’s nutes are depleted.

2 Likes

I do have a meter just came a day or 2 ago. I have not gave the 3 fem plants any nutes yet just watered with 6.5 ph water. What should the ppm be at and should I check the runoff for ppm or the water before?

My grows are far from perfect but I have grown in fox farms while alot of people here grow in coco or hydro or autopots or some other system.
If your looking at growing in soils you should read back on my grow journals it will gain you invaluable experience.

2 Likes

I will definitely do that @Nicky thank you so much!

1 Like

As for run off here is what your going to find. The soils rich.
So you need to wait for the plants to eat it and until it drops below what it should be for that stage of growth. Refer back to the chart I posted.

When I read my run off at the start it’s like 3-4000! But I don’t feed until it drops below 1800 at the highest point. Sometimes not until 1200.

This is why you water first to see if you need to run a feed through or not, don’t feed blindly

2 Likes

Around 900 - 1200 PPM is reasonable for a plant that is several weeks into veg. It is likely already a bit more hot. I’ve had initial runoff readings from FFHF that have been much higher.

1 Like

Just did look over the upgraded scale and see exactly what you mean.Again thats where everyone here is so great! Thank you both so much! @Nicky @MidwestGuy

2 Likes

You’ll be fine with the big bloom since there’s not really much in it. 1tsp per gallon only adds about 10ppm. So 3 tsp= 30 ppm. Would definitely stay out of the grow big until the soil Ppms come down.

2 Likes

Thank you all for covering the ppm and nutes with me! Now how do you feel about topping the girls that are at 22 days? They seem to have enough nodes.

1 Like

Yeah definitely, my hp/of mix runs 3-4k when it first starts out…

The two larger ones are ready. I’d let the others grow more.

2 Likes

I usually top just above the 4th node, leaving an inch of stub above that 4th node.

Here’s a pic of one of my recently topped plants.

4 Likes

Wonderful! Thank you all so much again! This first crop is my experimental phase.Its reassuring to know there is this much help!

4 Likes

These gentlemen have you straight here :wink:

2 Likes

Hi ya’ll… here is some photos of the ladies… im honestly just wondering about trimming fan leaves. It seems like im getting tons of growth… yet the undergrowth doesnt seem to be getting alot of light??.. I am using the misc plants as a template of how to veg the fem seeds soooo… anyway here are the misc ladies at 22-25 days of growth.IMG_0286

IMG_0293 it just seems like the undergrowth isnt recieving the light it needs… I could totally be wrong… just want a honest opinion of fan leaf trim… yes or no

IMG_0293

1 Like

Personally I’d hold off. Let it get a little more size.

1 Like