My very first grow.. need ton of advice!

Hello everyone! I have had a lot of fun looking at everyone’s grows and pics. I decided I would try to get advice from anyone that would like to help. I have my grow room set up and ready to go, I will be receiving my beginners mix pack of seeds Mon along with the gold leaf fem. Please stop in and say hi! Thanks to anyone that drops in!

16 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

Tell us about your grow and fill out a support ticket to tell us about your intended environment. You will find a lot of very experienced folks here that enjoy helping others.

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
• Indoor or Outdoor
• Light system
• Temps; Day, Night
• Humidity; Day, Night
• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
• Co2; Yes, No

3 Likes

Im going to grow 1 each of white widow, ak47, and 2 gold leaf
FF Happy Frog soil with perlite 80/20
5g cloth buckets
FF nutes
Spider Farms 2000 led
4x9x6 Green Hut

5 Likes

wondering if the 2000 watt led will be enough for 4 to 6 plants, kinda thought i might have to get another… maybe a blurple? Any opinions?

1 Like

Just to clarify, your tent is 4 feet by 9 feet and 6 feet tall?

2 Likes

yes keystone

1 Like

maybe its 4 by 8 and 6 tall

Good choices, and you are off to a good start. You may be fine for vegatative growth with your light. I expect that you would need more to flower 4 plants. You will find many people here that will steer you toward Horticulture Lighting Group’s (HLG) lighting rather than a burple.

I have a burple, but it sits in a drawer since I’ve gone with HLG. I just can’t say enough about the quality and efficiency of their lighting.

3 Likes

My advice, based on the light you have is to start with one cannabis plant, and perhaps surround it with some companion plants like marigolds, basil, and lavender.

2 Likes

Hi @nobo77 & Welcome to the forum! You’re going to have a fun time w your grow and everyone here is super helpful. I think you should be fine w 2000 w led in that tent, just confirm dims.
I grew 4 large women in a 5x5 w 2 HLG 260 QB, got 12 girls right now in that tent now, in varying sizes & states of development.

If you got your tent set up snap some pics for everyone to have a look at your set up.
Happy growing! :v: :wink:

2 Likes

The light seems to draw 200w, if it’s the SF-2000 model. I’d say it will be very good for one plant at about 2ft x 2ft.

3 Likes

Ideally, you’d need about 3 more of those lights to flower that size of tent. If you could section the tent of to a 2x4 area and run 2 plants it would do fine.

3 Likes

thanks everyone! I have a bit of time then to pick up another for flowering. Pics of my grow space coming soon!

2 Likes

I’m following I’d suggest 2 lights I almost got the spider farmer but opted for the Mars Hydro TSW2000. I’m happy with it but I’m in 4x4 but if I were you I’d use a pair of lights for sufficient coverage.

2 Likes

Exactly! +1 big time.
Stoned, couldnt formulate that little tidbit as eloquently as you put it :grin:
That’s the Ticket @nobo77 :+1: Split the tent essentially, you dont need to light up the whole thing for 4 plants. :wink:

2 Likes

Welcome to the community you’re going to love the gold leaf has become one of my favorites. Good luck with your grow.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Definitely set to watch.

1 Like

Nice work so far the light you got is ok till middle of veg and not do so well in flower white widow will take all the light you can give it.
50 watts a square foot for mh, hps lights
35 to 40 watts a square foot with good leds

Your lights can make or break a grow big difference between heavy rock hard buds and light and fluffy buds that hardly weight anything and the potency won’t be there to im running at like 80 watts a square foot now.
The Other thing is a good ph meter and calibration solution to calibrate it i like the apera ph 60 meter and you can get replaceable probes
To it’s like 60 dollars for the meter and 12 for the probes.
Three supplements i would recommend is molasses crystals and chealated calcium and humic acid

2 Likes

I had a strong feeling I would need more lights. I have been thinking of getting 2 more, just not understanding how to dim them i guess, would these lights be ok where they are for a full grow or do they need to be programmed throughout the process @Bobbydigital, @ThcinKC I will be germinating tomorrow. When I put in my starter pots should I go with 18/6 light hours right off the bat or 24 hours until they get to seedlings and i transplant in my cloth buckets. Also not sure when to begin nutes, how long does everyone wait after the girls pop first leaves? I know I am asking alot of questions, sorry I am totally a newb at this but I really do appreciate everyone’s help and opinions. Thanks again

1 Like

Thanks for all the welcomes!! I absolutely love the forum, everyone has been great!

1 Like