My very first grow ever!

Hey Mote now that you mention that about leaving the door ajar. I did also open one of the flaps on the side and that helped my humidity and I believe you’re the one that gave me that tip :wink:. I just remembered that after I read your post.

3 Likes

When I got into flower with my last grow, the screen was so full, The air couldn’t circulate good enough. So, I had to build like a screen door for during the day (to keep cats out) so I could open up the tent all the way. Plus a box fan blowing wide open inside the tent. My dehumidifier ran wide open 24/7 in the room that the tent was in and still had a tuff time getting the humidity below 50. Usually stayed around 45 - 55 with temps pushing 75 - 85.

Do you know how your going to set up your new tent? I’m all about easy peasy! That’s why I went with @Budbrother’s idea. I’m sure you’ll do what’s best for you! Congrats on the new light and tent. And seeds! :clap:t2::clap:t2::clap:t2::+1:t2::sunglasses:

5 Likes

I was in the middle of two tornados in one year back in the mid 80’s. Nobody was hurt but my house got damaged both times needless to say, now I don’t like storms… :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Thank you very much. Budbrother does have an awesome set up with his doesn’t he! I’m actually going to use my small tent as a veg tent and my bigger for flowering. If I get stuff moved around eventually I would like to put them side-by-side like that.

3 Likes

I don’t blame you I wouldn’t either if I had been in one of those storms. I was just so surprised we had a tornado watch in January :hushed:. But this weather is getting so weird! And now it’s supposed to snow the next 2 days

2 Likes

How much longer have you got before harvest?

1 Like

It was a last ditch effort to get a handle on the humidity getting too high. Like spyonyou, I have my dehumidifier full out 24/7. My personal mistake was that the lst and scrog worked very well but I should have trimmed their skirts a whole heck of a lot more than I did.
All the humidity just gets trapped in there, even with my inline fan full out it was not enough.
High humidity in flower stage (and God forbid bud rot) towards the end of the grow after all that time and work would devastate me.
I gotta say, I like your solution, sometimes the simplest methods are the best course of action. :smile:
Glad to hear that the tornado was not a bad one and that you’re safe.

6 Likes

Congrats on the new light and tent, as well as new babies. Yeah @Mote, ya’ can’t be afraid to rip their skirts off… Need that airflow.

2 Likes

Yes Sir @OldSchoolGrower , I was being too prim & proper, next time it’ll be a different story , & hopefully a good one.
Thankfully it didn’t blow up in my face LOL.

1 Like

I hear ya. A high of 55 today here in Ohio…in January :roll_eyes:
Just an couple hours ago, it was raining and the sun was shining so of course I ran outside to check out the rainbow. First January rainbow I’ve ever seen :thinking::frowning_with_open_mouth:
it’s supposed to be 20’s and snow tomorrow. Now don’t get me wrong, I love a rainbow. But not liking this messed up weather.

3 Likes

I was planning on putting her in darkness tonight but my tent wasn’t here when I got home. It’s supposed to be delivered today by 8 p.m. if that’s the case I won’t have time to get it up before bedtime. So it’s going to be tomorrow or Thursday at the latest that She’s going to go and darkness.

3 Likes

Yes you don’t want to risk getting Bud rot that late in the game. maybe “oldschoolgrower” will give you some tips on stripping their skirts off. He does a pretty good job of it😉. And yes the tornado was about 5 miles away from us but headed the other direction thank goodness!

Thank you Bobby Lee! I hope I’m ready for the task LOL

Isn’t that the truth Jewels! this afternoon on the way home it was thundering and lightning. In January? It is so weird.

1 Like

Yay, harvest is upon us :grinning: I’m shooting for Thursday harvest. Happy harvest :v:

3 Likes

I’m hoping for Thursday too. I’m excited to get this one done and on the way on to bigger and better LOL

5 Likes

Yeah that’s fricken scary, dont care much for “rogue” weather LOL.
OSG: I’ve learned so much from him already, great guy as you know :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yep, each grow seems to get bigger and better. I’m excited too. I’m also jealous of your second tent :rofl:…one day I’ll have a second. :v:

1 Like

Yes that 2 x2 I had was just way too small. I don’t think I could grow enough weed in it to keep up with me lol

4 Likes

That’s kinda my problem. Just shy if 3×3 and my height is extremely limited. Next tent will be taller and bigger and the little one will become my veg tent. Then eventually I’ll give photos a try. I need to build a wall in my basement before I even think of another tent though… eventually I’ll get busy building :slightly_smiling_face: I’m looking forward to your new tent set up. Will you start a new journal? If so, be sure to tag me.

1 Like