My very first grow ever!

Your welcome :wink:

Ok I need a “smoke” break now. :wink:

1 Like

@Missiles, some exhaust fans do come with a controller included. Mine did, it’s a vivosun inline fan and works great. I originally got an external controller, be warned, some fans don’t like being “dimmed” and they make an annoying buzzing sound.

I tested out like 3 until I settled in on this one. Good luck!

2 Likes

I’m going to order the one that @raustin linked me too and see if it does work. the fan is a little noisy at self. Hopefully the one I order will work good. We just got the ventilation put up tomorrow night’s the light.

Well the hard part is done, at least in my mind, I do think I have too much duct work connecting the fan to the filter. We had it going in a different direction and had to switch at the last moment. I can fix that but the filter and fan are up for tonight! Tomorrow night is the light. Look at that little girl. Hope she makes momma really happy.

3 Likes

Here’s the results of some tests I did on noise reduction, if you are interested:

https://ilgmforum.com/t/real-world-noise-reduction-measurements/23920

2 Likes

Thank you I’m gonna read and see what I can learn.

Yes, shorten the ducting.

2 Likes

If it were my tent, I’d shorten the duct from the filter to the fan just to take that 180 degree bend out but with the size of your fan and tent size it should still work fine like it is. Now unhook your filter. You won’t need it for a few weeks and running it just shortens its lifespan. Just run the fan until your babies get bigger/stinkier.

Good choice on the TopoGrow tent. My smaller tent is a TopoGrow and it seems much better made than my current Hopolight.

3 Likes

Definitely am going to do that. Had to take a break it was killing my back.

1 Like

It gets a little fiddly trying to get it all in there just right. So far, looking good!

1 Like

Thank you I will do that. When I go to shorten the ductwork I’ll just leave it unhooked until later. The tent really seemed sturdy when we were putting it up so far I’m pleased with the material of it and everything.

Once it’s up you will want to check for light leaks. Especially if it’s in a room that is lived in. Turn the lights on in the room. Get in the tent. Have someone zip you in and wait a few minutes for your eyes to adjust. You’ll notice any pin sized light leaks that a piece of duct tape can seal up.

I have the luxury of a windowless basement room that is off limits during lights out.

6 Likes

That a great idea! I would have never thought about that. Thank you I will make sure to do that.

1 Like

Also check to see that any equipment that’s going to be in your tent doesn’t have any led power lights. A piece of tape over the led indicators will do. I’ve read that a power light on a fan, dehumidifier, heater, etc. can cause a plant to hermaphrodite.

3 Likes

Wow didn’t know that either. So much to learn along the way. The only thing I can think of would be the dehumidifier but I’ll check everything thing else also.

1 Like

You’re doing great. Get the prep work done beforehand and once the magic starts, you’ll have less variables if something does go wrong. Of course, I’m a little obsessive about the prep. I think it’s as fun as the grow.

1 Like

I’m trying to get as much done beforehand to be prepared also. That way if something does come up or I need something I won’t have to wait or order it or anyting. It is with the help of you more experienced Growers that is getting me through this part. I just bought the stuff but you guys are helping me put it all together.

3 Likes

Glad to help. I’m by no means any kind of expert but I was in your shoes about a year ago. These folks are great and will help with anything you need. :v:

2 Likes

I truly appreciate it. I welcome all help offered. I hope to get the light up tomorrow night or Saturday.

1 Like