My very first ever growing. Is it ready for harvest?

@Englishleafnew, I did use a jeweler’s loupe on my iPhone and able to catch a good image. It wasn’t easy to hold the loupe + phone and take a photo, but it is a good method to study the trichome’s color, etc, by looking at the photo later. Thanks for the tip.

1 Like

You could just duct tape the loupe to your phone LOL, there has to be a focal point there somewhere :wink:

1 Like

Finally, my very first, much needed harvest! :fireworks:

Out of 5 Banana Kush, 2 weren’t as good as the other 3. (more popcorn buds on these 2 plants than the large heads).

• Plant #1 & #2 - I cut those 2 plants first . After I dried and cured, it came out to be 5 oz.
  • Plant #3 - this is not as bad as the #1 and #2. It has more buds and some of the buds are decent size buds. From this one plant, I got 3 oz. It could have been more, but lots of popcorn buds fall off while I trimming, so I put those buds in the trim pile.
  • Plant#4 & #5 - For some reason, growing all on the same condition, these 2 plants did the best. Larger colas (many of them are bigger than my hand) and fewer popcorn buds than the other plants. It is still drying, so I don’t know the weight yet. I can’t wait to find out.

Today, I made RSO from my plant#1 & #2. According to Rich Simpson’s video, he noted that you can get about 4 -5 gram of oil per 1oz if buds are high quality. However, if buds are of low quality, then you can expect 2 ml (2 g) per 1oz.

So, out of my worst plants, I got more than what Rick Simpson said. From 5 oz, I am able to extract 6x 5ml syringes + a few capsules filled. Total 32 ml (32g) I actually surprised to get this much oil from my worst plants.

All this, good or bad, I couldn’t have done it without all your help. From the beginning to end, the answers, advice that I received from all of you guys are priceless. You all are terrific and this forum rocks! I hope I can return the favor to other newbies someday.

My husband starts the RSO treatment today. I will let you know the results when he gets his next pet scan.

jpg_fixed jpg_fixed
JPG_fixed

jpg_fixed

7 Likes