My unknown strain grow journal

Your slurry test was just from taking soil off the top then?

1 Like

No. Dug down about 2-3 inches and took the sample.

1 Like

I’m not an outdoor grower, so I’m not really sure what process you should be using. Generally at this point I would grab some runoff data if I had concerns.

You stated at beginning of thread you were setting ph to 6.5, when did you start adjusting it lower?

1 Like

Just tonight, when the directions called for it. You can see it on the feed chart that i posted a pic of.

If you read the whole thing, i belive it is explaining since these are calcium based nutes as opposed to nitrogen based, that the ph has to be in a certain range.

If you’ve been watering/feeding at 6.5 and slurry shows a touch over 7, I wouldn’t think you’re too far out of line.

If the soil you had contained lime, that will naturally buffer to around 7. Perhaps what you’re seeing in your slurry. I’m not really familiar with Kellog do not entirely sure. Have you checked your tap water for chlorine or chloramine? If you haven’t, I would probably do that or treat it as if it at least has some chlorine in it. Your municipal water report should be available online. If you’ve accounted for that, I would probably start setting your ph to the 6.0-6.2 range and see where that takes you. Otherwise maybe some of the outdoor growers will be able to help more.

2 Likes

Thanks @dbrn32. I have well water. No chlorine. Just started using cal mag recently though. Plus it rained last night. Could be the Kellogg too. Have some roots organic I’m gonna use on my super skunk grow which I will probably drop the bean tomorrow or the next day. Just waiting on my tent to get here on the 2nd. I will start a new grow journal for it too.

3 Likes

@Drillbit if planted in the ground outside, I have never ph’d, but I have heard people that do, I also use my own mix of soil that I prepare my self, it has biochar and lime that buffer my ph, so if I had water that was ph’d to 6.0 it automatically buffers it to 7.0, And water that’s a 8.2 it automatically buffers to 7.0. So ph’d water for me is not a concern because I grow organically feeding the microbes not the plant but I have seen great grows where they do ph but they are adding nutrients thru out the grow ,and my grow consist of just adding rainwater hopes this helps and @dbrn32 has you coverd on the ph and feeding, good luck my friend

2 Likes

If you can dig down 3 inches without disturbing the roots you could dif it up and mix some dolimite lime in it and relay it on top and give it a good watering

1 Like

2 days after giving nectar for the gods, tops appear dark green but bottom is still looking unhealthy to me, what does this indicate? @Sirsmokes @Bogleg @Countryboyjvd1971 @Mrcrabs @dbrn32

1 Like

Older growth, watch the newer growth and to see if the yellowing keeps creeping up plant or not.

3 Likes

As dbrn32 said the lower leaves will not rebound because the plant was cannbilizing those leaves to sustain herself waiting on some food.
As long as new growth looks good then that’s all you can hope for

3 Likes

Thanks guys. I’m learning.

I was so afraid to start the nutes because I had started it with the earthworm castings and alfalfa meal. My worry was that if I had given a strong feeding, it would have burned up. I think for now on, I’m either gonna use living soil or nutes only. Not experienced enough for the amendments. Thanks again for all your advice.

1 Like

That yellowing has never stopped on this one. slowly creeping up the plant. wonder if there’s something wrong with her roots. I feel like I’m gonna loose this one.

it’s still stretching but still dying from the bottom up! She’s nearly 5 feet tall now.

I’m really hoping I can get a successful clone from her before it reaches the good tops. Is that a possibility you think?

You can clone her anytime you want. Yellowing from the bottom up usually signifies a deficiency. How much are you feeding and how often?

2 Likes

Once a week. nectar for the gods. late veg schedule. You think I need to increase? Maybe she needs a higher nitrogen solution?

1 Like

NFTG is mostly organic and hard to burn your plants in, especially in the ground. Has she started to show pistils yet?

1 Like