My sick baby needs help!

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
Seedsman Sunset
-Age of plant - 1 month
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF - 100% Coco
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc) 3 Gallon Rain Science grow bag
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
Solution - pH 5.8, EC 2.0ms
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
Put my Apera meter my 5 gallon bucket that holds my nutrient solution.
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
Indoor 2’x2’
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
2x HLG QB288 v2 RSPEC, 240 Watts max, currently plant is receiving around 45 DLI
-Actual wattage draw of lights
I don’t know what it’s current wattage draw is.
-Current Light Schedule
18/6
-Temps; Day, Night
Day : 72f - 76f Night : 70f
-Humidity; Day, Night
Always between 50% - 60%
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
AC Infinity 4 Inch
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
Home AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier not necessary in my area
-Co2; Yes, No
No

This just started a few days ago… Really not sure what it is. At first I thought Calcium. Then I thought Phosphorus. Any ideas?

2 Likes

Looks like a phosphorus/magnesium deficiency. What nutrients are you feeding? How often? And how long have you been at 45dli? When I got over 45dli with my current grow my Bruce Banners did the same thing. They were eating up phosphorus so fast that I had to give them extra. In higher light conditions the plant will photosynthesize much faster there for causing them to burn through phosphorus at a much faster rate. Do the affected leaves have purple stems/veins?

1 Like

It’s pH fluctuation. How long do your nutrients last after mixing, before use? Most nutrient lines will climb over time. Honestly I wouldn’t be concerned unless it begins to effect newer growth. Since I would’ve already removed those leaves anyway. To breathe better.

2 Likes

I agree I found this on growweedeasy if you go to the site and search for ph fluctuations you can see the whole article… I had to stop copying because of links

pH Fluctuations

PH fluctuations can cause brown spots on middle or lower leaves

by Nebula Haze

Quick Summary: Managing pH is crucial for cannabis plants to be able to take up nutrients through their roots. When the pH around the roots jumps up and down, it can stress the plant and cause brown spots to appear on the leaves. Spotting on the leaves as a results of pH fluctuations is more common in hydroponic setups (where the pH tends to go up and down), but it is possible it can also happen in soil. This seems to often happen when the pH swings too high or low.

Note: You can also get these symptoms from [root problems]

2 Likes

That’s weird. I pH to 5.8 before I feed each time :thinking:

I make a few gallons of solution at a time, and before I water with it I check the pH, it’s usually risen from 5.8 to about 6.2. So I pH it back down to 5.8, and feed.

Or is this pH fluctuating after the solution is in the soil? :thinking:

1 Like

First things first are u using any mycorrhizal in ur soil if not this maybe causing a ph in balance in ur soil , the mycorrhizal helps ur plant take up nutrients and it helps to keep ur soil ph at the right level ,so this could be one of many reasons for ur ph fluctuation .if u havent use mycorrhizal in ur soil i would water some in to help ur plants take up nutrients and to keep ur soil ph right and with that i would ph ur water around 6.5 to 6.8 thats what works for me

@Aussie_autos I use Recharge, FishSh!t, I put some Xtreme Gardening Mykos in the transplant hole, and I’m using Coco so you want a pH of 5.8.

Looking back on my records I may have used the nutrient solution a little later than intended so this may be a side effect of that. I’m on a new batch now so we will see what happens!

3 Likes

Thats all u can do man its all a game of chance you know theres a chance this may theres a chance that may work .i just snapped off another branch while changing our a old fan with a new one thats the second branch in three days its not the way i want to harvest

Agree with @Budz and @MeEasy. I had 2 in early veg show these symptoms. I was misting them early and transplanted and for several weeks of veg they resemble this. The culprit was my misting PH was 6.8 in coco. Good things it’s early. :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

But I’m pHing to 5.8 before feeding :man_shrugging:

1 Like

:thinking::thinking::thinking:, that’s a mystery Brother and you know what you’re doing. Have you ever tried Dolomite lime to stabilize your PH. I’m getting ready to flush 2 autos for the 1st time. Same as yourself, PH 5.8 going in, started noticing symptoms of something off, dam PH coming out was 6.4-6.5 :weary::weary:. Staring at 6 empty gallon jugs getting ready for the haul back and forth from my garage to the kitchen. Gods luck with that :love_you_gesture:

1 Like