My seeds sank/sunk

I am a novice so i followed instructions on ilgm site. I put seeds in a glass of water and threw it in a drawer. Day one the seeds swelled. Day 2 the seeds all had their little roots. Night of day 2, my california dreaming seeds sank to the bottom of the glass. Day 3, banners had an inch root. The california did not change. I planted all 4 of them as instructed on website. Do you think the 2 seeds that sank are still viable? Thanks for any advice.
Linda

2 Likes

They may be ok. An inch long root is skins of long to wait. Most only soak for 12-24 hours, then either plant them or move them to a paper towel to further develop. But 1/4" tail is plenty long. At an inch the sprout has begun to develop in the seed hull and can drown it. Just gotta wait a couple days and see what happens. Hope they grow for you!

3 Likes

Welcome to the community BTW!!!

2 Likes

I soak for 24hrs. If I see a taproot or the seed opening it goes straight into soil otherwise I paper towel between plates

5 Likes

Welcome to ILGM! Im sure they’ll be fine. Most seeds sink after 24 hours. And there are members who wont put seeds in soil until they see long taproots (2-3 days). I wouldnt leave them much longer then that, but from what u said? Ur fine. Drop em on in dirt

6 Likes

Whew!! Thank you everyone for the warm welcome and great advice. I feel better.

4 Likes

Welcome aboard! I just want to advise you not to freak when 3 of the 4 pop above ground in a couple days and the fourth one doesn’t. Just give it a day or two. Don’t dig to find out what happened. There’s always a last one to pop.

3 Likes

Or not. After 7 days I’m digging @DrWoo

1 Like

Oh drwoo…you know me already!! Thanks for the heads up

1 Like

Welcome to the community! Glad to have you here and looking foreword to seeing your grow.

Welcome to the community glad to have you here for future reference soak for 24hr then put into a damp paper towel in a zip lock bag and wait till you have a half inch to 3/4 inch tap root from there put into what ever growing medium of choice ive always had great germination rates with ILGM seeds also if you follow ILGM germination method and the seeds don’t pop they will replace the seeds for free :wink:

1 Like

I plan on growing my plants in succession. Hopefully about every eight weeks i will be harvesting. So in 8 weeks when i germinate seeds again, i will do as you guys suggested. 24 hours in water, damp cloth in ziplock bag, then into soil. As a side note. I always felt time moving so fast. But waiting for these plants to flower, its going to be eternity! Have a good night everyone!

3 Likes

Trust it goes quick all depends how long they veg for and how big of plants you want i grow in a 4x2 tent and keep my plants short and stout I veg in a 3x3 and flower in my 4x2 so then I always have plants growing and flowering

2 Likes