My seeds grew to about 2 inches and then just wilted

A customer has a question and I hope we can get some opinions on it, thanks

my seeds grew to about 2 inches and then just wilted and leaned to the side and have not grew since then

1 Like

Welcome to the forums. You should join and have access to all the info here all the time.
From your picture your plant stretched really bad reaching for the light source it was getting. Looks dry too. Your going to need either a light for your seedlings or direct sun light. come join us here. There are lots of growers with tons of info for you

3 Likes

That’s what happened thanks @Sasquatch
Don’t know what type of light you were using but it should have been a T-5 and about 6 inches from the seedling/ It doesn’t look like you could save her now. You could try to sink her stem into the soil and gently cover the stem over.
And Welcome to ILGM WE ALL CAN HELP YOU SO YA PLEASE JOIN US AND YOU’LL SEE WHY WE ARE #1

4 Likes

Oh man. Start over. She’s gone. With seeds they need moisture and a lot of light. Not really powerful. The humidity is more important. Next time cover sprout with a bottle or something to hold moisture in. DO NOT OVER WATER OR DROWN. YES. THEY CAN DROWN. Here’s an example of what I mean
Notice that is a cheap LED bulb with plastic lens removed. So you don’t need a huge amount of light to get started. That is for sprouts only not a vegging plant

1 Like

See where your stalk got skinny. That means you have a knat issue too. Oh they love sprout stems. And more than likely you soil is corrupted too. Nasty little boogers. Larvae is in the soil too.

You can recover a sprout but it has to be within a day or so of aphid bites. If you put some type of rooting feed on stalk it will recover. Unfortunately your girl is too far gone