My seedlings are dying!

You want to feed as per schedule and check runoff don’t let run off go over what’s on schedule you have ppm row over each week @Whitewidownoobie

Happy frog and I don’t understand feeding my plant… I don’t get how much to put in and stuff. I know they have feed schedules and doses on the back, but people tell me not to follow that and I wanna understand ppms. @Countryboyjvd1971

@Countryboyjvd1971 like I understand it’s stuff in the water. Parts per million in the water, but I don’t understand when you water them and u water with 450 ppm and the soil is 1500 does that mean it has nutrients still in the soil? Does that mean that the soil has 1050 ppm and another 450 ppm for the nutrients you just put in it?

That mean you have 1500 in soil
You would have to know where your soil was at start to know but if say week 4 veg chart says 1500 and your run off is 1500 your good :+1:
Does that help @Whitewidownoobie
I personally mix full strength as per chart and just feed less to maintain the proper ppm for said week
Numbers above are just for example FYI

So the ppms on this chart is what the ppms of the soil should be at? @Countryboyjvd1971

you’ll be ok if you follow them they do run a little high so if you knocked them down a couple hundred you’ll be ok yes

@Countryboyjvd1971 so the ppms that are shown in this feed chart is the ppms in the runoff after watering? U never answered my question lol

From what I understand the PPMs on that chart are what they want you to feed at, not run off. @Countryboyjvd1971 feeds per the chart on what I think is a FEED then WATER then WATER then FEED schedule. Feeding that high of PPMs scares me.
So I do FEED then FEED then WATER then FEED schedule. I go in with lower amount of nutes, so a lower PPM, but feed more often then @Countryboyjvd1971 does. Just not as much as he does at one time. In the end we probably feed about the same amount for the week. I just try to keep my run off PPM around 1100 to 1400 at all times. This is my first grow so Im still trying to figure this all out. But it seems to be working alright so far.

@Rugar89 @Whitewidownoobie
I water water feed so I wind up feeding once a week yes true chart is what they want you to put into soil
And in turn your soil should be around those number if following schedule flushing will be necessary
As per directions
As I stated earlier if you run off is the same or higher tho you don’t need to feed there’s plenty in the soil already @Whitewidownoobie
Outta likes @Rugar89 :+1:

@Rugar89 Do I have to flush when switching to flower nutrients from veg

No you shouldn’t need to @Whitewidownoobie
Are you following flush schedule on feeding chart ? @Whitewidownoobie if yes then you should have flushed between weeks 4&5 and when to transition the nutes you’ll notice they have slowly adding less veg nutes :+1:
Just flush as per schedule If feeding full strength :v:

@Countryboyjvd1971 my plants are doing great. I’ll show u pictures later :smiley:

I appreciate the help btw @Countryboyjvd1971 @Rugar89

Looking forward to it @Whitewidownoobie
Any time bro :+1:

@Countryboyjvd1971 I always bottom feed. Is that bad

I personally don’t do it @Whitewidownoobie
I’ve heard of others doing it but they would only do it once in a while
over time the nutes will build up and eventually cause nute toxicity
I suggest you do water top down and feed top down
It’s best IMHO

@Countryboyjvd1971 @Rugar89

@Whitewidownoobie Looks great buddy

@Hogmaster thank you! It takes so much water to water them now D:

@Countryboyjvd1971 @Rugar89

How much water should I give my plants when they’re in 5 gallon pots? I just used 3 gallons of water on 12 plants and I feel like I could give them more.

You need to give them more (a half gallon per plant maybe but depends how dry are). Just water them slowly and when you see the runoff stop.