My seedling fell over, is it too late to save it?

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed: watermelon zkittles
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF: soil
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths: pots
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable): 6.6
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable: na
  • Indoor or Outdoor: indoor
  • Light system: spider farmer sf2000
  • Temps; Day, Night: 24/22
  • Humidity; Day, Night: 50
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: yes 5"
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,: no
  • Co2; Yes, No: no

what soil are they in?

1 Like

I run the SF sf2000 for cracking beans, n clones, works wonderfully, from the pic looks like watering to close fragile stem. Water ur cover cup, n let gravity do itā€™s thing. U do have some serious stretching going on, I would read over ur lighting instructions to see recommend height, n power settings

1 Like

Did you turn your light up to 100%? Yes, I know the manual says to start at like 60%. I did the same thing with mine. My plant in turn did the same thing yours did. Started another with 100% power and she grew perfectly under the sf-1000. Itā€™s either your light or thereā€™s no air circulation. Do you have fans going?

Iā€™m willing to bet money you havenā€™t turned your light up to max or itā€™s too high above the canopy.

2 Likes

I turned it up to max, and I have two fans. One big one to blow plants (its only blowing soft), and one small one for air flow. I think its the watering :confused:

normal living soil mixed with 1/10 worm castings, and perlite

Definitely have fans, ducts. n carbon filters. Gots to teachā€™em to dance. Just enough to makeā€™em move, to the beat, depending on the play list :shushing_face::sunglasses:. :alien:

2 Likes

Alright, have you started a seed over or are these still the original plants?

1 Like

the small one is a new plant

iā€™m literally just planting the seeds and watering, not putting anything over the seeds. should i use like see through cups?

1 Like

I was going to say, the small one actually looks okā€¦assuming its only a few days old. I see the bigger one has drooping leaves. Which either means you just watered, or it got too much water last time. Letā€™s see how that new little one does. I thought mine was a runt cuz it was shorter than the tall leggy one I had started before. Turns out, that was the dominate plant that took over the whole grow room. My tall/leggy one never filled out and is still tall and leggy at day 101. Weā€™ll see if anyone else has other suggestions, but I say, see how the new short one does with your light changes.

I personally didnā€™t use cups. I think thatā€™s your call. Itā€™s really to help keep the moisture in.

he smallest one, if you look closely, has an incredibly thin stem near the soil. Itā€™s bent right next to it if you can see

neither did i last time, so I didnā€™t this time, but I never got this issue last time

Can anyone advise what to buy to start seeds off for next time? Like one of these? Not really sure

So, I have an update on the plants. Iā€™ll post pictures shortly. Turning the light up to full straight away was a bad move, as the new plants that I started have barely left the ground.
The one plant that fell over, and almost snapped in half is doing awesome though, and is the biggest out of all of the plants.
Iā€™ve also seemed to get the hang of training, but Iā€™m not too sure about the topping that Iā€™ve done. I guess itā€™s worked though, and thatā€™s why most of the buds look to be starting out the same size.
Cheers for the help everyone, this grow has taught me many things, and I donā€™t think Iā€™ll be touching any liquid nutrients again! Except from the odd feed of calmag if they look like they need it.

Pictures to come shortly

1 Like

Anyone have any idea on the brown spots and the different green colours near the top of the plants?
I thought the brown spots could have been calcium deficiency, but I fed then some cal mag, and Iā€™m finding more brown spots every couple of days, but maybe the calmag hasnā€™t kicked in yet.
Is the varying in light and dark green healthy, and Iā€™m just trippingout about it? Or does it show some form of deficiency? I top dressed the soil with organic nutrients a week ago, so maybe could be that?
Cheers guys!

Check the undersides of the leaves, ur top dressed soil may of had some unwanted guestā€™s. N check ur water PH make sure u gots that dialed n. Good luck I havenā€™t seen sativa leaves that close n a long time. :thinking::thinking::alien:

1 Like

Iā€™ve checked the plants, but canā€™t find any sign on pests.
The leaves may be a bit close due to the training Iā€™ve done on the plants, but Iā€™m not too sure. I still need to trim the one at the back in the middle/bottom of the plant to create more of an air flow.
My water pH is 6.7 at the minute.
Cheers for the advice dude!

1 Like